Hell Exists

by Poppy520 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Scripturaly speaking, the wages of sin is death, not torment.

• Poppy520
    Poppy520

See man yes! Exactly! You DO have a moral compass! You DO know right from wrong!... because you're made in the image of God and God exists. Naturally, with God being real, you would have a moral compass wouldn't you? Because God is real, the rapist is wrong, the thief is wrong, and lying is bad. What I'm saying is how do YOU justify YOUR moral compass ABOVE someone else's moral compass. YOU say God ISN'T real - so what do you say to the man who loves to go around raping people, a serial rapist, who believes what he is doing is right? How do you tell him that he is wrong?? Because isn't that HIS truth?

• Poppy520
    Poppy520

Haha Xanthippe I'm not just some kid who likes to read his bible, go to sunday school, and listen in on bible studies. I am finishing up my Bachelors degree on Biblical theology - I mean I'm not saying that makes me an expert on the matter! But it certainly shows that I know what I am talking about. You're wrong in your assumptions just because I'm not a JW. You find loads of people in these comments even talking about how much they think God is evil or nonexistent - well Xanthippe, what are they doing here? They have NO right to be here! As for me, I lost a close friend recently to the false teachings of the Watchtower, and so I come on here, showing people the GREEK and the truth within the GREEK using more than one translation. I'm here to learn MORE about what JW think and what they believe - so sure, condemn me for seeking knowledge and truth and condemn me for thinking that I'm just sitting around reading an NIV. I love that I never pulled the authority card but here you are - pulling that very card and not backing up a thing you are saying. You're just being rude, straight up.

• Poppy520
    Poppy520

Vanderhoven7, you said that you confidently believe that the only place eternal torment is spoken about is in Revelation, but I literally just gave you the Greek of Matthew and, regardless if you believe it is metaphorical or not - you can't really argue that the text says, "eternal torment/punishment". You can argue if it's real, authentic, or scriptural sure - but you can't argue that the mention of eternal torment/punishment is right there in the Bible next the mention of eternal life.

• cofty
    cofty

Poppy you are doing a Bachelors degree and yet you seem to lack the ability to read something written in opposition to your superstitions and deal specifically with the arguments.

Your reply totally fails to address any of my points. Go back and read my last post carefully and respond to it or else our conversation is over and you can go back to your echo chamber.

• Poppy520
    Poppy520

hahaha dude that's just silly- you can't pretend like I'm close minded - it seems more like you in all honesty.You just get nasty about everything. I'm very open to these things, that's why I began the research, seeing some work and thinking, "Maybe hell isn't real..." But I go into the Greek, and clearly it's there. I'm not getting nasty about it, I'm just continuously attacked for saying whether you believe in it or not, whether it is metaphorical or literal, Jesus talks about Hell right alongside with Heaven. I don't think I lack the ability to read something written in opposition to my "superstitions" - in fact, I am always open and happy to read them because it either corrects my faith if I'm on the wrong path, or strengthens my faith if I'm on the right path. And I think I'm fair in saying that and the evidence shows for it - I use evidences to argue my points, most people use quotes and just flat out make claims that they aren't backing up. I'm sure you're capable of making a claim and backing it up, cofty, but you do it so unprofessionally and you can't do it without being nasty. So call me close minded - but I'm gonna call you a nasty person, cofty.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Eternal punishment is eternal death not eternal punishing just as eternal judgment is not eternal judging

• cofty
    cofty

Grow up snowflake!

• cofty
    cofty

Your whinging about me not being nice enough for your liking is a pathetic attempt to avoid a difficult intellectual challenge to your superstitions. Very transparent.

If you decide you can cope with an actual debate let me know.

• cofty
    cofty

Isn't it just incredible that you Poppy are a cheerleader for the idea that billions of people ought to be tormented day and night for all eternity and yet you accuse me know being "nasty" for arguing robustly against your dogma.

How ironic!

I am not interested in whether or not Hell is in the bible. Both positions can be defended. I am interested in discussing secular morality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit