Would a Good God Really Create a Place Called HELL?

by Blueblades 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Navigator
    Navigator

God would not create a place called hell, but mankind would. The English word hell has a root meaning "limiting" or "restricting". In the rural areas in England the farmers still refer to "helling" their livestock. The one thing we take with us when we "die" is our consciousness. For many, the tendency will be that expressed so well by the Prodigal Son. He wanted to be made one of the hired hands because of his feeling of unworthiness. You will recall, however, that the Father would have none of that and had the robe draped around his shoulders and placed the ring on his finger and ordered the servants to prepare a feast of celebration. Hell is the blocking out of the awareness of God's presence. It cannot be a permanent condition because God will not allow it. As A Course in Miracles puts it. "God's will is that you be in heaven and nothing can keep you from it or it from you."

• shera
    shera

I feel a lot of people choose not to be in the presence of God,by their beliefs.There is many satanists out there,and people who choose not to believe in God.

I'm not trying to pass a condeming judgment on anyone,okies.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I was raised Catholic. When did the Catholic teaching of hellfire change? I most certaily was taught in a literal burning hell....esp for eating meat in Fridays

• berylblue
    berylblue
    God would not create a place called hell, but mankind would

No, but God will kill a baby in China because her parents weren't witnesses....so the WTS would have you believe.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree that the world we live in has enough misery and suffering to make up for there not being a hell .

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I was raised Catholic. When did the Catholic teaching of hellfire change? I most certaily was taught in a literal burning hell....esp for eating meat in Fridays

I'm sure you were...all those well intentioned Nuns and priests did teach that...and other erroneous things too. Check the doctrine...not what the priest said.

• Panda
    Panda

This is sort of an oxymoron. First you'd have to believe in god. If that's the god of the bible then that guy would definitly create a Hell. But if you found a good god somewhere (don't bother looking) I doubt that god would create a hell.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Would a Good God Really Create a Place Called HELL?

Well, if he would really do this, he would not call it "hell" because "hell" has bad connotations. He would use something more clever (God is VERY clever) and he would use another, more dangerous, most destructive name to to use, and he would use a place to have evil carried out beyond the scale of human's comprehension of evil: in otherwords, the "evilest place of the evilest places."

He would call this vile and evil place the "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses," and many foolish enough to go there woud be hurt, forgotton, abused, robbed, raped, screwed out of their money and lives, abandoned and die as a result of their personal visit to Hell on earth.

I am not making this up. Ask dubs who've been to this hell. Like me.

Farkel

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>> Satan and 1/3 of the angels that knew God choose to live without him.

This bothered me when I was a Dub. I always wondered what the angels that left knew about god that made them want to leave. I mean... if he was so cool and errah thang, why leave?

Unless...

• heathen
    heathen

teejay--- That's a good question and the answer that the WTBTS gives is one that can be examined as well . I think they said something like, satan thought he deserved the worship and praise that God was getting and thought he found a loop hole in the law that God had given to adam and eve by saying that in the day you eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you will surely die . It is true that adam and eve did not die the moment they ate from the tree of good and evil but they eventually died so many might conclude that a day was not 24 hrs long or that God did lie . I think the WTBTS does go beyond what is written in their explanation behind satans motive I don't think the bible says that satan was some sort of ego maniac and they don't expain that a day is considered 1000yrs so that adam died before he was 1000 yrs old. I do think they make assumptions and force their opinions on others in the name of new light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit