A very dangerous thing happen to us two weeks ago. It could have meant our life.

by Still Totally ADD 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Two weeks ago Mrs. ADD and myself was driving home from shopping on a side street when we came upon a man laying on his back with his arms spread out in a T formation. With no one in site we pulled over our van to help this person. Mrs.ADD went for her phone to call 911 and I got out of the van to see what I could do. Half way to the man a person from down the street starts shouting to me to get the hell out of there because there was a women shooting a gun. I started running back to the van and about the time I was getting back in a long hair man comes running out of his house waving his arms shouting there was no f--king gun the man on the street just tripped and fell. He then goes up to the victim and starts shaking him telling him to get up. Noticing he had no gun I walk up to him and the victim. There was a large pool of blood on the street coming out the victim head.

I said to the long hair man that looks like a a ot of blood for just tripping and falling to the ground. The long hair man then changes his story and tells me they was fighting and he push him and the victim fell. My wife had just called 911 and came up to where we was standing. I could see his brains coming out of head. Soon the ambulance was coiming but they stop down the street about a block away from us. We started waving our hands shouting here, here!

Suddenly what appear to me 20 police cars pull up from all directions on us with the police coming out of there cars with guns drawn on us shouting where is the gun, who is the shooter. My wife and I was like deers in headlights just staring at them put the long hair man puts his arms up in the air. At that time I was thinking to myself "been there done that have you". They took him over to his house and stared questioning us. We soon gave our separate statements to the police and was able o go home.

Getting home we both started shaking. For the rest of he day we keep asking ourselves what if the long hair man came running out of that house shooting what if this or what if that. It really has changed us in some way. Last week I was supoened to testify before a grand jury. Which I did. The long hair man has been indicted for 2nd degree murder. We was told both of us will be testifying at the trial. It was a hell of a thing to go through. I hope no one here ever has to. That is the story folks. We are both safe but we are doing alot of reflection on what happen. Let you know down the road what happens t the trial. Take care and be safe. Still Totally ADD

• zeb
    zeb

stopping to help is no longer an immediate thing to do. Calling the Police in your case was the right thing to do and the smart thing to do.

Glad you are ok.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sorry you experienced that. Yep calling the police and complying with their commands is always the best way to handle it. Hands up, don't move and don't do or say anything to distract them. Until they feel safe you are not.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yep sometimes our sense of humanity gets in the way of our common sense. Does that make sense?

just saying!

• gabcol
    gabcol

I'm just glad you and your wife are safe

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Let me add another variable.. its become a ploy for people to feign injury to draw in someone willing to help. They have even used infant car seats on the road side to draw people in... if it dosent seem right, if it feels weird, hang back and call the police.

• flipper
    flipper

STILL TOTALLY ADD- I'm really glad to hear that you both are alright and didn't get hurt. As much as many of us like to be helpful and be " good Samaritans " so to speak- I'm in total agreement with Morpheus on this that we have to be very cautious, use our intuition, and really be wary and have eyes in the back of our heads keeping our head on a swivel if we assist people on the side of the road nowadays. As Morph mentioned, there are a lot of users and takers out in society these days and we have to use extra caution if we hope to escape with our skin intact. I'm so glad you guys were lucky.

Keep being helpful to people who really need it- but be wary of walking into life threatening situations my friend. Peace & hugs to you both, Mr. Flipper

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Morpheus and flipper you are so right. I have been kicking myself since it happen on why I just didn't get the hell out of there. Then I wonder if my old JW upbringing got in the way of thinking straight in other words trusting instead of being cautious. I realize my decision to stop and stay was a bad one. It could have resulted in my wife being hurt. It will be a day I will never forget. Hopefully it will never happen again.

Jeb, Giordano, gabcol and eyeuse2badub thanks for your advice and concern. Still Totally ADD

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Dont kick yourself, it has NOTHING to do with a jw upbringing. The reason it works is because many (most?) people want to help in an emergency or situation of perceived danger to someone else.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILLTOTALLYADD:

I agree with Morpheus and Flipper.

In this day and age, predators and criminals are devising more ways to trap people and, sadly, will appeal to the Good Samaritan in all of us!

I heard stories about the crying baby outside somebody’s door (a recording), and the story about a woman in a store ladies room who has a ‘frantic’ woman come in and plead for her to please come into the parking lot because...

It is just best to call 911 and let the police handle it. If it’s a real emergency than no harm has been done. If not, you have averted a tragedy. It’s too bad we have to think this way but that’s how it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit