Ever come close to blows with another witness?

by Dimples 22 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

I got into a pushing match once.... good thing too. The other guy was a lot bigger than me.

That'll learn ya for playing hockey.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

no but I did come close to blow.Visit Smiley Central! 1 blow is not enought fight to interest me.

• jws
    jws

As a kid, I remember fights every now and then with the other kids at the hall, but I assume that sort of thing is common.

After growing up, our hall had congregation football games on Sundays. When there was snow on the ground and the landing wasn't as hard, it changed from touch to tackle. Usually the quarterbacks ended up being the elders because they were around 40 and weren't in shape to run down field play after play. My brother and I were a bit more muscular than most of the people and often got put on the front lines as rushers and blockers. Because we'd usually arrive together late, we usually got split up to different teams. So I'd be rushing against my brother and vice-versa. Sometimes we'd signal each other and pretty much let the other come through untouched if we could lay a really good sack on one of our "favorite" elders. So, we got the pleasure of smashing them into the snow now and then and I remember some of those tackles being pretty hard. We're talking a full-body dive into them at a good speed. A few times they got really pissed off, but it was all just part of the game... so nobody accused us of anything deliberate and we were asked to go a little easier next time (until next week...).

• jelly
    jelly
    I smashed a M/S head through his car window once.

Hamas I like you more and more sometimes.

No fights in my hall but the elders were split into two camps that did hate each other. Scattered throughout all their talks were little digs at each other, they were constantly verbally fighting. They looked like idiots, but it was somewhat entertaining.

Terry

• Jourles
    Jourles

A brother and I, who was two years older than me in high school, threw down one day at lunch in the quad. I don't exactly remember the cause of it but I think it was because he was a senior and I was a sophomore. He was hanging out with two other brothers from our same hall. We all pretty much grew up together from when we were young kids. Both bros were seniors too and didn't mind me eating lunch with them. But this brother DID mind me eating with them. It must have been a "I am a senior and I don't want no stinkin' sophomore eating lunch with me" type of deal. He kept pushing me, literally, to leave and I refused. I think he threw a slap at my face and I retaliated with my own bitch slap at him. From there we did the grapping thing and basically locked each other out from doing anything else. The other two bros broke it up finally and we went our ways.

That confrontation never got around the hall that I know of. But from then on, I basically avoided him at all of the meetings and out in service.

At the last district convention I went to, I heard this bro and his wife were both df'd earlier this year(not sure for what). So if you're out there reading this Nathan W*********e, it's water under the bridge.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

An elderly sister in my congregation sold her husband's car to a teenaged brother at a low price after her husband had passed away.

Very shortly afterward, the brother started experiencing mechanical difficulties with the car. After the Sunday Watchtower study, the brother accused the elderly sister of selling him a "lemon" right in front of the Kingdom Hall. A screaming match ensued, which was so loud that the neighbors came out and sat on their porches to watch "Jehovah's Happy People".

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    no but I did come close to blow. 1 blow is not enought fight to interest me.

LOL too funny!!! and the moral of the thread is....DON'T piss off hamas!! ;)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I recall the jerk my mother had arranged to study with me. I was 18 years old at the time, and I was trying to cut loose from the WTS. It was a Sunday, and I had chosen my seat. My Bible Study Conductor asked me to come sit with him. I declined. Then the rotten bugger went, grabbed my stuff off the chair I had chosen, and put it beside his. I was pissed off big time and I wanted to beat his head in. However, I supressed my anger and sat with the ideot. I knew I would be screwed if I caused a disturbance at the KH.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! That would have SERIOUSLY pissed me off!!!!!!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Oh blow as in fight. I thought you meant the other kind,

OK nothing to contribute here.

• Garnet
    Garnet

My hubby was playing football with some other brothers one day and one of them was getting a little rough. This guy was much bigger than him so he figured if he can push him around, how would he like it if the smaller guy did it back...well my hubby (all 155 lbs of him) ended up tackling the guy and broke his arm! Serves him right! For a small guy, my man sure can hold his own!

I never had a confrontation - always kept to myself until I am pushed...then all hell brakes loose. People usally say I'm the type that you dont want to see mad...you know those quiet types (all though I am FAR from quiet) My Granddaddy taught me how to defend myself - plus I played hockey with the boys growing up...I may look like a little girl, but I will kick your butt if need be

Garnet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit