Ever come close to blows with another witness?

by Dimples 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

I once went to a baby shower for a sister and planned on having a good time. There were only sisters there and some brought their children. The shower was held at a community center clubhouse. There was a door that went out to the pool. I was sitting close to the door and could hear a commotion going on outside, a man was yelling. I went to look and two sisters children were outside by the pool. He told them they weren't supposed to be out there. I told the two girls to come inside and I went over to the mothers who were so deep in conversation that they didn't even know they were missing. I told them (nicely) that I found them outside by the pool and the caretaker was very upset and was yelling at them. I received no thank you's from either sister (I knew for a fact one of the girls couldn't swim) but instead I could see them talking and looking my way as if they were upset with me. When the shower was just about over I went outside and told my Mom and some other sisters what happened. I could feel my blood begin to boil as I was just looking after the girls. I decided to go inside and ask the sisters what the problem was and why they were treating me this way. One of the sisters saw me enter the room and ran out. (coward) the other one was talking to another sister. I approached her and said sorry to interrupt but I would like to speak with you before you leave. She ignored me. After she finished talking with the sister, I saw her heading for the door and I ran to catch up with her. I said I wanted to talk to you before you left. She told me she didn't have time and she had to go. I told her it was important and she was so rude and snotty with me that I was close to slapping her face. My Mom noticed when I had left and came running inside to get me (she knows my temper ). Well, the sister said she didn't need me looking after her kids she knew what she was doing. ( Wow talk about adding fuel to the fire) I was really angry then. So much for looking out for one another and that thing called brotherly love. Good thing my Mom and some other sisters showed up or It may have been a drag down dirty fight. You can imagine the gossip at the hall the next day. No one came and counseled me. I heard a comment like, that is what happens when Elders aren't around. So, OK guys...give me your experience. I know you have one.

Oh ... The other sister called me and acted like nothing was wrong. I asked her if she forgot what happened yesterday. After a long discussion she thanked me for looking out for her daughter and apologized. The other sister well we both kept our distance after that. I ran into her once since I left the borg and she runs in the other direction.

• yxl1
    yxl1

Many years ago when I was first dating my wife, we had arranged to go to the cinema. Seeing as we were not allowed to be alone in a car together, we used public transport. She told me that her father, an Elder, had specifically told her that she must be home by 9pm. Seeing as the film didnt start until 8pm and the cinema was at least an hour away I suggested we go for a meal closer to home. She was having none of it and insisted we watch the film. We arrived back at her place around 10:30pm and as we walked through the door, her father came running down the stairs screaming at us. "WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS?" "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" etc. He then grabbed me, and started to scream in my face. Now I'm not a small man. I'd been weighttraining for years; 6foot and over 100kg. I pushed his hands away grabbed him by his nightclothes and carried him outside. Put him down gently and said that if you have a problem with me, lets short it out right here and now. He ran inside, slamming the door.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No, but there were a few that I would've like to have pulled their heads off like pulling the wings off flies....and then told God they died from natural causes. (smirk)

Frannie B

• Special K
    Special K

Not me personally.

But I have heard of some verbal matches between two elders.. both of them using those nasty "f" words.

messy.

sincerely

special k

• Hamas
    Hamas

I smashed a M/S head through his car window once.

Next time, he won't be so lucky.

• gumby
    gumby

Minimus ran down the street chasing me with a hatchet one time that I was trying to run off with his wife. Thats the only thing I can remember.

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I recall the jerk my mother had arranged to study with me. I was 18 years old at the time, and I was trying to cut loose from the WTS. It was a Sunday, and I had chosen my seat. My Bible Study Conductor asked me to come sit with him. I declined. Then the rotten bugger went, grabbed my stuff off the chair I had chosen, and put it beside his. I was pissed off big time and I wanted to beat his head in. However, I supressed my anger and sat with the ideot. I knew I would be screwed if I caused a disturbance at the KH.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well from reading a few of the stories here from ex bethelites, I'd say there was a lot of "blows" going on amongst the brothers in Brooklyn. LOL

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hamas was that the guy that stiffed you on money?

I smashed a M/S head through his car window once

Or was he one of the parking attendants at a convention.

I had a guy cut me off in traffic once, I blew my horn and he flipped me the finger..got kind of heated and then we recognized each other....Oh.. Hi.. brother sorry about that..see you at the next convention....

I kid you not.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I came close to kicking elders asses many times when I was a dub. One of my greatest regrets is not following through.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit