Bowling for Columbine

by drwtsn32 81 Replies latest social entertainment

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Michael Moore is a propagandist who takes great liberty with "facts," to support whatever agenda he's pushing. Yet he seems to be quick to slam others whose POV's he doesn't agree with for doing the same thing. I have no respect for the man.

• amac
    amac

Thanks for posting that FunkyD, I had heard rumours that he tends to twist the facts. I rented the DVD and was not impressed. What was the point? He made some vague conclusion that violence is due to TV induced fear, but then he makes other people look stupid when he pins them without warning with the same question. I felt very bad for both Dick Clark and Charles Heston. What was the point of that? What was the point of asking Heston at point blank what the reason behind gun violence is? I would like to see him hand the mic over to someone else and have them ask him that. As if he is going to have some explicit answer that fully explains all the violence in the US. Moore is a self serving slob. His only comedic value is trying to make others look stupid. When he occasionally takes a shot at verbal humour, it's quite sad.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Thanks everyone for your comments!

FunkyD, thanks for that link. I'll read it when I have more time (eg, I'm not at work ). It will piss me off if the facts have been twisted as much as a cursory glance of that link seemed to indicate.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Frenchbabyface:

Everybody was very nice with me, they didn't know me but still they were saying "hello" in every kind of ways and sometimes just stop a bit to have a little talk.

Do you think it might have something to do with errr.......ahhhh....

You're knock-down gorgeous?

• Francois
    Francois

Michael Moore is to Truth as is the National Enquirer.

• rem
    rem

Funky,

Thanks for that link, it was great. I rented the movie a couple weeks ago and I was a bit uncomfortable with some of the "facts" presented. It's very interesting to read the expose after watching the movie because you really get a feel for how Moore twisted things pretty badly - especially how he mischaracterized Heston and the NRA, made irrelevant potshots at Dick Clark (ignoring the fact that the kid was a thug and not even questioning uncle's responsibility in owning a firearm with children in the house), and somehow tried to equate the NRA with the KKK (interesting because Moore is a lifetime member... of the NRA, that is).

Parts of it were interesting, funny, thought provoking, and even disturbing, but it was not a documentary in the strict sense of the word.

rem

• jelly
    jelly

MM is simply an entertainer. Like John Stewart. He can be funny but the only problem is when people think his videos are actual news.

Chuck Heston is the head of the NRA because he brings publicity to the group. Once again I think attacking the man in his state is cad-like behavior. If you have problems with the NRA attack the NRA.

Terry

• Jayson
    Jayson

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/50594/1.ashx

Link put in post removed. We did this already.

• Aztec
    Aztec

"As I listen to the news this a.m., we have just had our 40th homicide"

Last year the city of Detroit had 402 homicides. Not the greater Detroit area, the city of Detroit. Even if Michael Moore isn't 100% accurate, there's something wrong with the way America legislates gun control. Perhaps it's our stupid drug policy. Perhaps it's something else. Whatever the case, he makes some good points.

~Aztec

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Reborn :
    Read me !!! I said : “…were saying "hello" in every kind of ways …(with everybody - I was not the only one)… "

Did you read till the end ? And by the way : I think that I can make the difference a least …But it’s Ok ... next time ... I may just shut my mounth (kidding !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit