Any men out there like spiders?

by ballistic 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

yeaaaa I am with ballistic on this one....that kinda icked me out there adrift

lol

• freedom96
    freedom96

Can't stand spiders.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Why did people have to post pictures!!! I'm scratching everywhere now. I hate spiders and all creepy crawlies. I can deal with psychopaths all day at work no problem but show me a little bug and I jump a mile.

GadgetVisit Smiley Central!

• Simon
    Simon

I hate insects. Urgh !!

Last nigth we had some wierd wasp type think come in the house - it didn't just fly round at random like some insects bet flew round you very slowly, looking at you all the time. I must have hit it 8 or 9 times with a rolled up TV guid but still it kept coming back. Even after knowcking it against the wall and thinking it was dead, it still reappeared later in the evening. It was like the Teminator.

It was about 1 inch long with an abdomen than curled under itself and had a visible sting or point about 2 or 3 millimetres long. Wings a bit like a dragon fly (two sets).

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Why on earth would you kill a spider?

Ignorance.

Don't kill these valuable creatures.

I have plenty around here, of varying shapes and sizes, and some are mildly venomous.

They keep the nasty insects down, and they also keep: flies, mosquitoes and other irritating insects in check.

I have a band of spiders, (Tattoos) on my upper right arm, as some of the Detroit crowd can attest to.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Yikes. Spiders terrify me. They can move so damn fast. I am now even more afraid of them when I was as a kid, after seeing pictures of bites, from spiders that live in North America.

I had someone send me pictures of the result of a bite from the Brown Recluse Spider.

WARNING This link of the bite, and infection is very graphic, and not for the faint of heart. But it show the serious consequences.

http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/linda_bite.htm

• Hamas
    Hamas

I can deal with spiders, but not the big [edited]ones with hairy legs .... and i HATE flies..... but I like snakes unfortunately more than I like ladders

Hamas ( thanking the WT for ruining his career )

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Damn xjw, I looked at that link.

That brown recluse spider FU<|<ED that woman up something serious!

• Panda
    Panda

Simon, are you sure that your flying creature might not have been a mud dawber? They are a brownish red color and they don't know that they are supposed to die when hit with the TV guide.

I like spiders. As a kid I used to go looking for black widows behind our garage because my Mom always warned ---"Don't go behind the garage or you'll get bit by a black widow spider.". We had a black widow by our front door this past spring. She was big and shiny like black patent leather with an equally shiny red mark. We had to redirect traffic to our backdoor (which in the countryside is the norm anyway) and I made all guests swear to leave my beauty alone. Someone killed her and I think I know who...

Spiders inTexas are big big bigger. We've got some lovely zipper spiders. Yellow and black so they warn birds not to eat them. And they eat every flying insect in the garden (I think that they are also named garden spiders). Their web design looks like a zipper along the main support beam, thus the nickname.

We have the loveliest tarantulas anywhere. Fuzzy with little beady eyes and walrus looking cruncher thingy's. Not very aggressive unless you are a mouse.

The scorpians are playful, unless they are in your shoe or bed ---then it's sting mania. Did you know that they carry their babies on their backs for awhile. Yep. Kids like to see how close to getting bit they can come. They want to see the scorpion attack with the tail over it's head charging forward. Sometimes you'll get stung *ouch*

We also have a few venomous snakes. The western answer to all those asian pith vipers --- the diamond back rattlesnake. They are great for pest control. I always thought I'd just shoot one if it came by my house. But I realized I'd be shooting my house and one of my dogs, so no good. And eventually the scared serpent slithered off my porch.

I used to have a boa but she now lives under my neighbors porch, which is why my neighbor has no barn cats.

Now fire ants are what I call the problem illegal alien. Oh man, they don't sting one at a time. They attack en masse, and you can start pukin' and coughing w/in a few minutes. Now fire ants I do hate. They kill local ants which our horny toads eat and now horny toads are endangered.

End of Tex Bio 101

• Panda
    Panda

Brown recluse spiders are the worst I've ever seen. We had a land lord whose Mom was bit by a fiddle back which I think is another name for the brown recluse. Don't they live in moist areas ---LIKE OREGON AND CANADA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit