"I Guess We Won"t See It In This System Of Things..."

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I think they lost touch with the truth when they seek the approval of men over the approval of God . True jesus said by their fruits you shall know them because the spirit bears fruit that identifies the presence of true believers .

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Brother ???once said that the great crowd is not so great after all,I guess we won't see it in this system of things.

Millions now living will never die! I guess we won't see it in this system of things!

Sheep and the Goats,I guess we won't see them in this system of things,separating them.

I guess by now we won't see a lot of things in this system of things.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

I know a number of people that are disappointed because they know that they won't see their dead loved ones come back to life in the near future. They've resigned themselves to accepting that they too will die "in this system of things".

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I won't see Amrageddon in my lifetime - I've figured that out.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

It means they have pretty much become comfortable with the concept of dying on "this side of the new system(TM)", and have resigned themsleves to sticking to the party line, no matter what. Sounds like my 70-something parents.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

see what? the vindication of god?

• High Castle
    High Castle

The expression "system of things" is a verbal fossil in the jargon of the Witnesses. It definitely has a Thirties feel to it, doesn't it. Earlier publications of the Society made it explicit on just who stood to loose come the "End of This System of Things" - bankers, politicians, and priests, etc. The ending of the movie "Fight Club" seems to be dramatization of a pre - 60's Watchtower article - with the burning, collapsing towers of the financial services buildings. The Society may be a sedate organization now with major properties and stockholdings, but it has a rabble rousing past to live down. The difference between them and others was that they expected God to do the heavy lifting.

Anyone out there that has ditched the cranky Christian fundamentalist beliefs but finds themselves still wishful for an end to "this system of things" - albeit in a secular fashion?

• Badger
    Badger

I think it may refer to something that needs so much time, effort and luck, that it would take decades...by which time, the end will have come.

Some things we won't see ITSOT (according to some conversations with brothers and sisters):

• Cali falling into the ocean
    • A Woman President
    • A Black President
    • Another Hailey's Comet
    • Badger finding love again
    • America embracing soccer
    • Another President of the GB (said in 1988...oops)
    • The Soviet Union Falling (oops)
    • Badger graduating High School or College (2x oops)
    • Those last five pounds coming off
    • Another great restaurant coming into this town
    • The Chiefs winning another Super Bowl (No!)
  • joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Badger finding love again

Awww!! Don't say that!!!

• Badger
    Badger

Thanks for the optimism...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit