A Secret about DF'ing that Elders will not tell you.

by Amazing 48 Replies latest jw friends

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Recent "Kindumb Miseries" have given the Witlessness New Lies on this.

As in all things a Witless is free to exercise his right to choose any course of action, but the Witchtower will exercise its right to punish you their way. Now they can announce your actions show you have dissociated yourself, and if you ask what? they can say it is confidential and tell you nothing. And there is no right to appeal.

"You are free to eat the apple, but I will shoot you in the head if you do..."

• justhuman
    justhuman

Not if you are DF'ing for APOSTASY. They have other unwritten rules. Specially when your family are still JW's the WT will BRAKE every bond between you and them.

Besides Apostasy it is the worst sin, and apostates deserve to DIE.

• Gordy
    Gordy

My DA'd daughter meets often with her JW mother, my wife. They have lunch out together, recently last Friday. They also discuss "spiritual" matters. My daughter often bringing up the false teachings of the WT etc. These meetings have the sanction of the Elders, as her mother asked them first if she was "allowed" to speak to her daughter.

Yet she has not had any contact or spoken to me since the end of 1999, and I didn't DA until Sept 2001. Also her eldest son also DA'd.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and do not forget that a KM insert came out in the last year that was even more strict -- no association -- must have been written by the Jaracz clique on the GB

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

stilla wrote:

and do not forget that a KM insert came out in the last year that was even more strict -- no association -- must have been written by the Jaracz clique on the GB

That part was almost a complete repetition of the '81 WT, the one that dealt with all the fallout of the Ray Franz df'ing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

thanks pistoff for that info - I never realized that

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i agree with gadget's earlier statement. they will threaten with taking away privileges. this has just happened this past week with my parents. since i've just faded, no da'ing or df'ing, there hasn't been a problem with keeping up my relationship. however, i've recently been busted for smoking which i don't do anymore. i explained that to my parents when they questioned me about it. my dad went on to say that their local elders had gotten a report from someone who saw me smoking a few months back and that if it were true and/or i was still smoking they would have to cut off contact with me or my dad would be removed as a servant.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    how would the person explain to the elder how they knew what was writen in the secret elders manual?

If somebody had been approached by the elders and counseled for having association with a relative the person could use this information to justify their actions, but how would they explain having knowledge of what was written in the elders manual?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Again, I think some here are missing the concept. I never questioned the shunning policy as it is done in everyday practice ... rather, I pointed out the secretive "Flock" book policy, that is yet """unretracted""" by the Society, and holds the greatest weight, may allow """some""" JWs to relax their conscience to association with DF or DA relatives. This may help """some""" who can play the game.

An active JW does NOT need to run to the Elders to report associating with a DA or DF relative because of what they know the "Flock" book states ... HOWEVER ... if discovered and more importantly questioned by an Elder ... they can cite the "Flock" book as their source for such association.

What if an Elder asks the JW how they know about the "Flock" book? So what! You can come up with a million stories ... or you can simply state that it does not matter, the point is that the information is there, and until the Watchtower Society retracts it, you stand by it ... and the Elder should be warned that if he fails to follow "Flock" book policy, you will report himm as an apostate!!!

The point is, a JW can and should use the JW's own literature to fight back the absurd Watchtower policies. If enough JWs did this, they could turn their organization upside down in a matter of weeks.

Fight legalism with legalism!!!

PS: I know of one JW who is already giving this a try ... and hopefully, more will try it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit