Interesting quote - October 1, 98 WT

by Dawn 50 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem
    The Crisis of Conscience iis a most interesting book but I have some difficulty with anyone who has been converted in at least an intellestual sense for most of his life and then suuddenly goes from one form Christianity to some other form of Chriustianity. I believe that what is at issue is integrity and I do not believe that the author of this book has integrity.
    Please be assured that I am very much open minded and have been even since becoming a Witnes in 1964.

Scholar finally admits he has no integrity.

rem

• scholar
    scholar

Dawn, Gozz and others.

The material in the Coc is interesting because it gives one an insight into the corridors of power and the internal politcs at the Society;s headquarters. It also well illuminates the effect that the Jonsson hypothesis presented as a treatise had on men who were competent scholars. Such men went weak at the knees when they read this material and yet such men had devoted their lives to preaching and teaching teachings and tradition based and believed by them on God's Word. Is that integrity? I think not. It should have been apparent and remains the case today that any person who becomes converted to such is intellectually and spiritually crippled.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• AlanF
    AlanF

I see that non-scholar is back, spewing his usual nonsense. He doesn't seem to realize that, according to his line of 'reasoning', the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses -- including and especially himself -- have no integrity. But he will certainly argue that all these converts do have integrity, despite their conversion. This of course kills his line of 'reasoning', but he is obviously too dull to see such a gross self-immolation of his 'reasoning'.

AlanF

• happyout
    happyout

Thank you AlanF, not to mention, he is showing no integrity by posting to an apostate board.

Just for the record, I like that active JWs post here, just not when they get all high and mighty over us "heathens". Truth is, they should not be here, according to their religion's rules, and they REALLY should not post.

But, like I said, I like having them here. Almost every time they post, I can give another sigh of relief that I don't have to be such a hypocrite anymore.

Happyout

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

All I can say is that "scholar" is a true "intellestual."

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"The Crisis of Conscience iis a most interesting book but I have some difficulty with anyone who has been converted in at least an intellestual sense for most of his life and then suuddenly goes from one form Christianity to some other form of Chriustianity."

Hmm...so how do feel about the thousands upon thousands (probably millions) of JWs who went from one form of "Christianity" (of course "false Christianity") to another form of Christianity (JW, i.e. "true Christianity)?

Further, it seems to me one who exchanged one form of socalled Christianity for another isn't in a "spiritual vacuum." I think you'd have more luck with calling me, an ex-JW who's basically an agnostic, in a "spritual vacuum." I'm far from it, btw, but just trying to follow you interesting logic.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"I believe that what is at issue is integrity and I do not believe that the author of this book has integrity."

Ah, I see. Your definition is "integrity to the JW beliefs." Is someone who leaves the Catholic Church after 30 years to become a JW lacking in "integrity"? Answer me that one, because I'm really confused on just exactly what "integrity" is. Since that seems to be your main objection to the book and the author, I'd really like to know.

• scholar
    scholar

Alan F

The rules for posting on this board prevent from me from saying what I really think of your character and your spineless venom of hatred against a people, a organization and teachings that you once embraced. Your integrity is diminished by your cowardly avoidance of not submitting yourself to judicial authority or not making your disassociation legitimate. You must therefore be a closet Witness unable to decide what side you are on but remain content in deceiving weak-minded people in following your twisted and shallow reasoning.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion.

• scholar
    scholar

happyout

Is this really an apostate board? I thought it was a forum that invites one and all to discuss JW's. Have you not heard of academic and Christian freedom? Life is full of risks and it takes courage to think 'outside the square' and if I am error then I am subject to greater authority as is all of mankind.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• rocketman
    rocketman

There are so many things that they write and yet refuse to apply to themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit