Tell me if I’m wrong - Jeffery Jackson is not a governing body member.

by Truth and Justice 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Yesterday, I had my sister come over to tell my Mother and I that she will no longer have anything to do with us, because we need to come back to the meetings, it’s what Jehovah wants, and hands her a letter to read and asks for a final hug.

My Mother has been dealing with a terrible lost of Dad since July, and has been very ill with stress because of it. I no longer belong to the organization either, and I have been helping my Mother out thru this ordeal, it is just as rough on me. So after a token service of her seeing her Mother 2 or 3 times since July she like all witnesses feels it’s time again to say I have to stop visiting you.

But as she walks out the door, I tell her that I would like to say some things to you if you don’t plan to visit either one of us. She says go ahead. I then tell her the episode of how the governing body had to send one of its members (Jeffery Jackson) to Australia to appear in court to answer questions, regarding the abuse of what appears to be over 4000 kids. She apparently didn’t know about this. But then she tells me “Jeffery Jackson is not part of the governing body.” I said yes he is, she said no he’s not. I said if he is not, he still had to appear before the court to testify.

I have always considered him as a governing body member, heck, I’m out of the organization and she doesn’t know this. So my question is this

Is Jeffery Jackson a member of the governing body? (I know he is!) Can someone show me proof that he is?

Thanks for the replies!

Happy Trails to all!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Geoffrey Jackson is definitely on the GB.

• Iamallcool
  • Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Lamallcool, your great! Thanks for that, it’s great material. Maybe I should send this to her, she might learn something.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Is the Pope a catholic. This is telling of where her mind is at.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Your mother is confused.

The vast majority of JWs have no fucking idea what they are supposed to believe, but if you disagree with them or the Governing Body—whoever the hell they are—they will cut you off in a heartbeat.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• zeb
    zeb

Jackson is a member of the GB.

He had to appear at the ARC after the Justice made the wt lawyers get him to appear. They tried so very hard to keep him off the stand.

• zeb
  • zeb
    zeb

For the second round of the ARC where orgs including the wt had to state what they had done to improve their situation the ARC wrote to the GB and asked for a member to appear. They wrote back saying the ARC did not have the power to make them.

All my years in the t the wt message was and indeed quoting scriptures that "worry not if you are to appear before the law as the words will be given you." Well, seeing the bumbling ill prepared way the elders handled their appearance said loudly that the holy spirit was absent.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If your mother doesn't even know who is serving on the GB, esp since they make public appearances on JWTV, how much (really how little) does she know about WT/JW Doctrine? Sounds like the typical JW that has no freaking idea what they believe unless they ask an Elder (or someone studious that hasn't left yet). I'd say 90% of JWs are like that. They just line up and follow it all blindly.

These people are really difficult to awaken because they are unable to critically think about JW Doctrines (and the changes, etc) because the have never known them.

This is why the WT now has to say in the paragraph of New Lite or at least in a footnote: "This is a change to our previous understanding about . . . ." yada yada yada. If they didn't, no one would realize there had been New Lite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit