Are You Fading, In, Out or Not Sure?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

We cold turkey stopped going to meetings and reporting service. Course we were a tad bit irregular...we told everyone we had some questions and just needed time...I told my sister I was just on a "break"...we had one elder visit where we sent them home to do some research and never heard back from them ...

now days all I get is a call from my sisters inviting me to the memorial.

• minimus
    minimus

I have a couple of friends that I talk to that are elders. They've never REALLY questioned me. One did ask, "will I see you at the meeting tonight?" and my response was "I wouldn't count on it..." He asked me that a few times last month and hasn't asked me again. But I'm sure they will be told to "check on us".

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've done it a little different. I became ill, (for real) and could not attend. I was sick of it anyway, esp after the extreme lack of love i saw. Wow imagine, if i were sitting her at home eagerly awaiting a call frorm the loving elders?

• minimus
    minimus

Wednesday, are you feeling better?

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Wednesday, are you feeling better?

Well i'm less depressed, but physically, i'm still in bad shape. It would be hard for me to attend even one meeting a week. So this illness has at least gotten me out of the meetings without too much fuss.I have a few friends left, and one that still calls and comes to see me(she was here just a day or 2 ago). the elder body has to have written me off, b/c they are no where to be seen. Actually, i'm ok with this. if i could only get my husband to move on too. All would be so much easier. he is not attending either, but he feels guilty, and still feels it is the truth. Wow, how long i did that one too. I saw a church the other day, a episcoplain(sp) one and have begun thinking about attending. Imagine,k i would have to sneak around to attend church!! weds

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Thanks, lisa.

But what about "and you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself"?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Service inactive since late 2002.

Meetings - none attended since early 2003.

• minimus
    minimus

For you faders.....Has everything gone according to schedule?

• Xena
    Xena

Actually it went quicker than we expected...lol I don't think they were all that sorry to lose the two of us

The familes kick up a fuss every now and then but lately them seemed to have settled into the shunning pattern quite well.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I've been thinking.... on the 25th anniversary of my disfellowshipping, I may go back to the body of elders, tell them I'm still "unrepentant", and have myself redisfellowshipped.

Make sure you take something silver to give them, since it's your 25th, SanFranciscoJim.

As for me, I faded with no problem at all. I was fairly regular at meetings and commented at the ones I attended, and nobody noticed. Half the time the conductor couldn't remember my name. When I left, I don't think anyone noticed then either, except for one elder who made a couple of calls on me -- I think to prove wrong my accusation that the congregation was lacking in love. We had one really great argument on child abuse in front of his wife, and he got pretty mad at me and said "I don't want my wife to have to listen to this." Poor little Stepford wife! On the advice of Big Tex (good advice, too), I asked for our cards to be moved to a neighboring congregation that I'd attended before. They always ignored me and this time I got one phone call from the P.O. when the cards came over, and he said he'd arrange for me to be in a book study when he saw me at the next meeting. I never went, so at the end of the month I got a call from the secretary. Told him the kids had been sick and made up some time. The next month when he called I didn't answer the phone, and I haven't heard from anybody since. It's been a year.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit