Are You Fading, In, Out or Not Sure?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was going to try to fade, but the elders were calling me every week. That's more than when I was active. I quickly lost patience with that, and DA'd myself a few months later.

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

Although I wouldn't dissasociate myself, I can see why a person would or might feel pressured into doing it.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey min, you aren't technically out until you are "off the books." So when you have not turned in time for 6 months, you are inactive and no longer counted as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Theoretically, the secretary is required to keep the cards of inactive people indefinitely to be used to arrange yearly calls. So it depends on how dutifully they do it in your congregation.

As to the CO, you don't have to meet with him either. And if they just drop by without calling, shame, shame on them. It shows they don't care about you at all.

Blondie

• Vanant
    Vanant

I think I must be fading: I haven't turned in time for almost a year now. The explanation I have given is illness . . . However, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep up the fade, because I still live with an MS father who thinks I've had enough time to be sick, and should be getting back to meetings and service now . . . if my plans go well, I should be completely out within a year, though.

• minimus
    minimus

Vanant----You're gonna have to develop a chronic illness to keep the charade up.......Blondie-----Our secretary is very anal. He'll watch over those records like his life depends upon it.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Oh, I'm already gone. (you sing the rest).

• shamus
    shamus
    I've been thinking.... on the 25th anniversary of my disfellowshipping, I may go back to the body of elders, tell them I'm still "unrepentant", and have myself redisfellowshipped.

LMAO, Jim!

I have faded, faded about 7 years now.... I can't remember and don't care anymore.

They can kiss my ass.

Love, Shamus.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey SF jim

you could have a BIG LU'AU every year to celebrate your disfellowshipping and .. starting this Sept .. you could have a PINNATA.. too.

CELEBRATE.. good times..ta da.

special k

• simplesally
    simplesally

OUT OUT OUT and never going back.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

ARTIST: The Eagles
    TITLE: Already Gone

and me sing.......

I'm already gone
    And I'm feelin' strong