Did You Make Excuses For The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine getting booted out for taking a stand against pedophiles within the organization.

• integ
    integ

I used to defend the Society because I believed it. I now have a couple of concerns about what the Society is teaching.

Integ.

• minimus
    minimus

only a couple, Integ???

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    In high school, my Spanish teacher was a recent Born-Again Christian, who made a point of telling me the JWs were a cult. She announced to the class when it was my birthday, and sarcastically wished me a happy birthday tho I had asked her not to. I didn't protest as much after that. It's embarrassing to even think about it now.

That teacher was a jerk.

I defended not celebrating birthdays and holidays though I knew the arguments were weak at best. The same with not toasting and a number of silly rules. Eventually, I figured out that Jah had a ego problem.

Now, though I still think Jah has an ego problem, I don't think as badly of him as I did when I was a Witness. I now know that the silly rules are a mind control mechanism.

• integ
    integ

Min:

I meant a couple "hundred".

Integ.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

You people don't.....The list of don'ts was very long.So,I would focus on the list of what we do,and that list at the time was also very long.For every negative I gave a positive.What a struggle it was at the time,I'm glad that its over for me,no more defending the Society.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

It's nice not to have to lie anymore. My barber asked me how the Witnesses are doing. I told him that I didn't know since I'm no longer active. He asked me if that meant that no one could talk to me. (He had other customers that were df'd). I said, "JW's can talk to me as long as I don't outrightly say that I disagree with something taught by the Witnesses. And if I disagreed with just one thing taught, every Witness would be obligated to shun me and never talk to me again"........See! NO MORE EXCUSES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit