Did You Make Excuses For The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps you've said "Well, we don't believe in that anymore" or "We simply in our overzealousness, thought the end might come in 1975" or "Even if a person didn't have the proper understanding of a matter, as long as they were sincerely trying to please God, that's what really counts"......All excuses.

• Xena
    Xena

I used to hate to have to explain holidays...it was so lame!

Oh and sitting the library during pep rallies...that was fun ..why don't you attend them??...well I wasn't really sure but I just KNEW it was wrong lol to much fun not to be

• minimus
    minimus

At least my mother let me stay home from school during all those holiday and patriotic parties.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, Min....in the beginning....but over the years, the excuses became more difficult to voice until there was finally no plausible excuse for their teachings nor for their patterns of behavior.

Frannie B

• minimus
    minimus

You mean that you couldn't defend the Witness beliefs such as their view on neutrality, other religions, the YMCA, disfellowshipping and chronology?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

......and love for their fellow man, Min....especially love for their fellow man.....

Frannie B

• minimus
    minimus

Frannie, It's hard for them to know love when they have no idea what it means. They think love means never having to say you're sorry.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL, Min!! (wipes spewed coffee off of monitor screen)

Frannie B

• minimus
    minimus

Why do JW's shun people? Because they love them......Why do JW's not associate with non-JW's? Because they love them and want them to see the "truth".....Why don't JW's celebrate birthdays? Because they love the day of one's death more than the day of one's birth.....

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Min,

Generally, I believed the swill, and defended the JW beliefs in good conscience ... BUT ... I had many moments of uneasy feeling about some arguments ... science, for example. I recall some of the Watchtower comments about nuclear power, and wanted to write to them to correct them, but I knew better than show such 'concern' for what is written by the Society ... I just let it drop ... until the pedophile issues emerged in 1992 ... by then I went to the authorities and then got booted out. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit