Why I'm rejoining the JWs

by Fred Franztone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Dear brothers and sisters

After many years outside of the truth, living as an atheist, I have come to realise that I have been on the wrong path. The fool has said in his heart that there is no god, and I have been a fool. The other day I had an experience that proved to me that not only is god real, but that JWs are god's chosen people.

As I was walking down the local highstreet looking for somewhere to buy some cotton wool, I noticed the trees, I'd never really looked at them before. They are so beautiful in their simplicity and yet so complex at the same time. How can such complexity have come about by chance? There must be a god

Then as I was walking home with my newfound faith, preparing to return to god in a private way, perhaps as an independent born-again Christian, I slipped over and bumped my head. At first I thought this must be Satan the devil trying to knock the holy spirit out of me, but then I saw what had made me fall, it was a discarded JW tract! It was a sign from Jehovah himself, how can such a coincidence have occurred by chance? Jehovah had knocked some sense into me at last! I immediately ran home, dug out my battered old song book from the closet and began singing praises to Jehovah from my bedroom window, for all the neighbourhood to hear, I continued well into the evening hours

Later that night, as I was preparing to dedicate my life and baptise myself in the shower, I was arrested for disturbing the peace with my singing. I figured this was Jehovah manoeuvring events so as to give me some loving correction for using the out-of-date song book. I repented and praised Jehovah for adjusting my thinking so tenderly, like the loving father he is

The following day I went from door to door, preaching the good news. One householder said to me that he is a Catholic, I laughed in his face and told him how foolish he is for believing in such obvious nonsense as the trinity and hellfire, he replied that he isn't a very strict Catholic and doesn't know much about those things, he asked me to explain them. I left his doorstep at that moment as I don't really know anything about them either, just that they're obviously wrong. What a poor lost idiot that man is. His house is nice though, perhaps I'll live there in the new system, when he's dead

Since then I've returned to the meetings, been given microphone privileges (see how the blessings pour in when you have faith?), I've met some lovely sisters, some as young as 55, and I've even had visions of Jesus, so I'm planning to write my own gospel soon and submit it to the WTS for inclusion in the next edition of the new world translation. I won't be partaking at the next memorial though, I'm not crazy

Truly I have returned to the path of righteousness that leads to everlasting life! Return to the fold at once everyone, please, before Armageddon comes, it will be here soon and your lives are at stake!

Edit: Turns out the trees I saw were those fake plastic ones, so never mind

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That sounds like you clipped it straight from an Awake!

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I take it from your last line edit.... you are joking. I hope so.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Dear Brother Fred,

wow. So as the scriptures say, "pride is before a fall". Well, you slipped and fell - literally! So yes, Jehovah must have pushed you back into the loving arms of his flock...

Your heartwarming testimony has stirred the cold embers in my heart, and made me also realise that my pride and arrogance had led me away from THE TRUTH.

I too need to repent, and seek out the loving Elders who can render the discipline I need and restore me to a relationship with Jehovah (after serving the loving minimum of 6 months of punishment at the back of the hall)

May we all return to Jehovah's organisation.

😜

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Good one!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I always find it quite fascinating to hear JWs [as well as any other christian] bashing the Catholic Church.

Where do we get the idea that the bible is the word of God? Answer; Catholic Church

Who gave the world the word of God? Answer ; Catholic Church

Who gave the world [the whole world] hospitals, universities, orphanages, mental health institutions, food banks, shelters [homeless, battered or other]? Answer ; Catholic Church

And the reward for such noble and honorable fruits ? Jws...hahahhaaha

they go door to door restoring Gods name. How can anyone keep a strait face while trying to compare?

Just saying, cause it's true

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think you have a PERFECT experience for the next Circuit Assembly. Go for it!!!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I know its a joke, but thought Id throw in some fodder

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Lol! Funny thing is, if you read the old classic Pilgrim’s Progress, it’s not much different from your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit