Speaking of the latest magazines...

by Odrade 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The reason why the WT wastes ink on this crap is because there are thousands of Bethelites who get invited to weddings and bridal showers and of course - they have nothing to spend on a gift.

exactly what I was thinking........................the ones who don't want to buy a gift have to say "sour grapes".

Usually there are plenty of inexpensive items on a gift registry list.....................and you can ignore the list and give them something else. Duh!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Who is it that felt that they needed to ask the WTS about the gift registry? And why does the society feel that they must answer this, especially in the questions from readers? Do they have so few worthy questions?

• yxl1
    yxl1

Its not as if they buy gifts for any other occation. No Birthday, Christmas, Easter. You'd think witnesses would jump at the chance of giving wedding gifts. 300 people attended my witness wedding and scoffed loads of lovely food and drink, and yet only two people bought stuff that was on our list. Most, if not all of the gifts were bought by people who were considered well off, yet the stuff bought was so cheap and nasty that, in a fit of anger I returned most of them. (someone bought us a coo-coo clock made out of cardboard!!!) I do recall that even though Anniversary gifts were tolerated, they were hardly ever given. I dont think it has anything to do with the price of the gifts, but has everything to do with wasted money that could be used in buying more real estate furthering the Global preaching work.

• blackout
    blackout

oh my god how lame!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Does anyone else remember when you weren't supposed to sign the card when you gave a gift? That was so that the person giving an inexpensive gift wouldn't feel bad. There were actually people who went around at showers and weddings removing the cards...just in case someone signed them. Got into some heavy duty discussions over that one. Coffee

• berylblue
    berylblue

Gift-giving gives attention to the individual, which detracts from God. the WTS, esp. money which could have been given to it.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Hold on a second... didn't another very recent article say that it was dumb to fuss over little things like piƱatas? Now they are fussing over gift registries?

Elsewhere, I was thinking the same thing.

• berylblue
    berylblue

You can be sure that all over the world, there are good little engaged brain dead dub couples (who have been fornicating secretly for months )running off to K-Mart to cancel that sinful bridal registry.

• undercover
    undercover

Could someone scan the whole article and post it? I'd love to read the whole thing. I don't want to jump to conclusions based on one sentence without getting the context of the article.

• Special K
    Special K

Another two edged statement..

Yes you Can..

but

No you can't..

special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit