Zoom zoom rules +

by Wakanda 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

1. And this is most important, everyone listen up: dress up like you normally would for meeting! -Oh, gawd.

2. If you use a zoom background, make sure it is not distracting, or something crass like prison. Stick with something dignified and subtle. -Ha! prison would be appropriate!

3. It is new, but we want to encourage everyone to answer because your answers encourage others to participate. -Answer up circle jerk?

4. Please put your last and first name on zoom so the brothers can call on you. -Yeah, right... that is why you want our names, not to report back to our overlords that we were there. You can see us the same as at the hall!

Next meeting will be about how we do not have rules and that is why different congregations met when others didn't. It isn't that we aren't organized and are scrambling to keep control of you...

Also, hearing that lots of people are getting scared and going back by attending these Zoom meetings. uggh. People need to do their research.

Oh! Oh! I almost forgot, the most important. The meeting code (?) and password might change each time, and you will get an email invite a few hours before each meeting. -oooooh, like a secret knock! We must be in the end!

Also, people are saying this is what they do in China, yeah right. If you want a ticket out of China and a bill for it with those Zoom security leaks!

BTW, they lie so much. I heard they didn't have any web security and Jehovah miraculously took care of them until 2015ish when some JW alerted them to the danger. Well, ex-bethelites who worked in web/internet security tell a different tale from 2011 when they were threatened by Anonymous. They had security before that and locked that s... down.

• Simon
  • LeeT
    LeeT

I've just seen this.
    New York Attorney General Looks Into Zoom’s Privacy Practices

Maybe this might dent JW use of zoom.

• skin
    skin

I'm sure the JW.org guys are racing to put together and releasing a ZOOM like app. This has happened all so quickly that it as caught them unawares, although they tell us the opposite and say how they have known for a long time that this was coming.

• oppostate
    oppostate

my wife is keeping tight lipped about the zoom login particulars, the locals seem to be very afraid their session may be hacked into by apostates and I guess that includes me.

so not many details except they're really having quite a problem training everyone to use it, was all I could get out of her about how things are going.

I suggested they can call in just like on KHConf especially for the older folk who cannot seem to get it. They are used to calling in and you can use Zoom from a landline even. But I guess that didn't compute since I just got the deer in the head lights look, a brief awkward pause and an abrupt change of the conversation. So that was that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Rule 1: Don't get it at all. If you already have the equipment, don't use it for this. Instead, simply disconnect at the most "inopportune" time--hitting the red X at the top right of the screen usually does this quite nicely.

Dressing up as if for the boasting sessions is pointless. They are trying to get information out, right? Why not just use regular video streaming services for that? Anyone dumb enough to fall for it will watch those videos through, barring buffering and blocking (which can still happen with Zoom). I don't want any two-way monitoring on this--and, they don't deserve me there at all.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Gotta keep tabs on the 'sheeple' otherwise they will 'fall out of the troof' with no meetings for a few weeks! They get all dressed up with nowhere to go!

just saying!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The insanity of it has no boundary.

Half way thru the meeting this morning, my wife emerges from her designated zoom continuing indoctrination room to take care of personal needs. While on her mission, she comes into the kitchen and starts making a pot of coffee, she is in full meeting attire, I looked at the clock and asked if the meeting was already over . "No, I just wanted some coffee to drink ... I don't have the camera on'"

???

Full meeting attire, camera off, making coffee ... My head is spinning.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if JWS parents are still taking their unsettled children into the other room for a beating while the meeting is on and on Zoom ?

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

1. oh oh Wanna be! If they hear we are not always paying urgent attention, they'll clamp down more!

2. I'm happy to say my husband starting to loosen up a bit. He had the camera off the whole last meeting until it ended. But... then he turned it on with the mic (in one of his many efforts to save me) so we can 'socialize'. It was nice to see some pets ;)

3. Hey, I had a shower moment, and I think I know the reason they are dragging on going back to the hall. If they start up when only a small percentage are (is?) going to the hall and the rest are on Zoom, it is the perfect set up to fade.

4. Also, they are of course testing the on-line only thing.

5. Couldn't tell if anyone is getting beat. It wouldn't be on vid. The kids are funny tho. squirming around! Poor things. I remember vividly being bored to death and every other kid being able to color, sleep, or even read a wt book. Not my parents! I had to listen to the grooming! (not abused in that way, btw)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit