Zoom zoom rules +

by Wakanda 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

The elders will not be going out during the meeting like they do at the k/hall for a mother's meeting they will all have to sit through all the the meeting and pay attention

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Amazing how a person can get bored at meeting. Not. Actually the coffee, dusting, folding laundry, cleaning guns helps me keep awake if not alert. I have seen a few elders so quiet you wonder if they died. Wife still nags me to get dressed an hour or more before. There are so many people streaming I dont have to orchestrate failures

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WAKANDA:

I predicted when this Zoom thing got started that some JW is going to get criticized because something in their home is perceived to be offensive to some busybody who can see into their home!

Sure enough! There is a thread on Reddit by somebody who was criticized by a brother who could see a picture of a sports figure hanging on their wall and is offended by it!!! MEANWHILE THIS IS THEIR HOUSE.

I hate being right all the time but this Zoom is in some ways worse than being at the hall. At least when somebody is at the hall, their home is still private. Not so with Zoom.

Not only are you expected to be dressed up to sit in your OWN living room, but you will be the recipient of unwanted commentary by an idiot brother who imagines that what is in YOUR home is his business!

• waton
    waton
    Zoom is in some ways worse than being at the hall

LHG; you are wise: here too: no zooms in our rooms, bed or living. camera off and taped over. Cover ready to flip up to cover screen, to screen out undesirables.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Bah! Wifey Zooms in but always has it so that her ( and sometimes my) face and our home are never seen. She finagles the settings so her name shows on a black box. We put a sticky over the camera to make sure.

They don’t need to see my pyjamas or my drinking coffee .....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUES BROTHER:

From what I have read on some posts, both on this forum and on Reddit, the brothers are upset at people who won’t let themselves be seen on Zoom.

They try to ‘encourage’ people to let themselves be seen..In my opinion, I think they are afraid that more people will turn their cameras off and they will have very few visible and answering.

If they keep up petty criticisms and remarks about people’s home decor or clothing, they are only going to make even more people switch off...As it is, they’re pushing it already with people having to be dressed up just to be home - and being self-conscious because of being even more on display than if they were in the actual hall. You don’t know who’s checking you out or fixating on your expression or whatever... In the hall, you saw the back of people’s heads and could daydream.

Nah, I would never go for this.

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

No direction yet on nose-hair plucking?

• hoser
    hoser

Camera off, microphone muted here. They hint to turn it on but we don’t want prying eyes in our house.

When they started the zoom more were muted and camera off but most of the sheeple conformed to the pressure.

• tiki
    tiki

Some people apparently are crazy....

I wonder....if a sister has on (gasp) yoga pants or a miniskirt ...if she only shows from waist up on camera...how will they know she needs to be counseled? Or is a full body shot required for entry into the zoom doom?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We must remember brothers and sisters that Jehovah is on Zoom too so he sees how we look, therefore we should dress appropriately if we are at the meetings at the Kingdom Hall.

Children should remain quiet and still during the meetings and if they are causing an disturbance while the meeting is ongoing they should be taken out of the room and beaten.

Thank you and praise Jah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit