Governing Body trying to control marital relationships

by Whynot 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So, is it true that Circuit Overseers will be asking for a show of hands in response to the interrogatory, "WHO HERE LIKES DICK?"

Richard didn't know he had so many buddies!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I was made an elder at 26. And got to give marital advice, straight from the elders handbook! What wisdom I had.

Of course, I had ZERO business offering anyone advice back then. Fast forward a few years later when I was getting ready to leave. One of the things I wanted to get a feel for was, would be my ex JW wife get the elders involved in our marital life? Would I have any semblance of privacy and dignity? Because long ago, I determined I would never meet with the elders for judicial proceedings, or even marital counsel.

One thing I know hasn't changed is that the JW religion isn't interested in anything but its own power. They especially aren't interested in women. So many elder meetings, with misogynistic comments and points of views shared. The women are there for the men. It's as sickly simple as that.

One thing I quickly learned to despise as an elder was how much influence they have over marital matters that should be private. It is disgusting. It's even worse when an elder or CO feels they can say what they want about this. Total mental illness.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"And where is the society on tossing salad?" - blownaway

When I was a Bethelite over 40 years ago, we had tossed salad for the evening meal on many occasions.

• 2curious
    2curious

I distinctly remember my mother telling me that she loved my father more than her children because the bible says that's how it should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit