Governing Body trying to control marital relationships

by Whynot 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Also, I’ve heard women go on about being a mother bear, and how they would protect their children no matter what.

Fow JW women that’s crap. They routinely failed to protect their children by not standing up against the watchtowers mistreatment of children in general.

The same goes for fathers who would rather please the Borg than protect their children.

I’m not sure that Jehovah’s Witnesses actually love each other at all because they will always put the organization first.

DD

• blownaway
    blownaway

Would you not have loved to put your hand up and say Brother how many blow jobs is too many? And where is the society on tossing salad?

• TD
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

As a elder many moons ago you can't believe how many people came to me for help on their twisted thinking on sex. Thanks to the twisted thinking of the sexually perverted Borg. Still Totally ADD

• Whynot
    Whynot

GB really like to control every aspect of pur lives even how a couple loves each other in the bedroom. It's appalling!

They have to know how much damage they're causing. I doubt they have no idea.

I will love my husband however I want, my goodness!

• zeb
    zeb

Quickly reading over these contributions I am reminded of the wt 'edict' of a few years back defining what couples could or could not ...do in their bedrooms. No links as it was early days for me but the 'pie-hit-the-fan' over the announcement and a lot of folk were seriously hurt.

I believe the wt then did a '180' as we call it here and retracted their previous efforts which in the very least proves it was rules of men not any divine spirit that guided them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILL TOTALLY ADD:

Sorry to say this, but I have absolutely no respect for any JW adult who goes to discuss their private sexual bedroom matters with any elder.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

LongHairGal I know where you are coming from and I know elders don't have any training in these matters. But we need to remember those who did were mostly ones who came from very abusive backgrounds due to the Borgs policies. I give you one example that has always stuck in my mind only because I could see how much it effected their marriage. The problem was the husband a born-in was fear stricken to have sex with his wife because he was taught throughout his childhood how bad sex was and God would kill him if he engaged in it. He knew being married it was OK to have sex with his wife but was so gulit ridden he had problems preforming. It was a very sad story. I did suggest to them to go to a doctor for help. Whether they did or not I don't know.

This just goes to show you how Cults like the WT damage marital relationships. Still Totally ADD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yes Still Totally ADD....the messed up mindset many JWs have. Sex is to be viewed as wrong, dirty and guilt inspiring for a lifetime since childhood. Then SUDDENLY AFTER they are married, its all ok? From one day to the next, a whole lifetime of learned behaviour can't just be rid from the mind.

The cult has certainly done a real number on so many jws....

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

TD-Good job!!!

Your spouse should be #1. This is your partner and together, you raise your children by giving them examples of your commitment to each other. Husbands and wives are to 'cling to each other' and are the leaders of their family team [team Jones, team Doe, team Ricktover, what ever]

In Greek there are several words for love that describe different kinds of love.

There is a different word for the love of a spouse [eros I think] compared to the love that you have for your child, compared to the love of a place or a food, etc.

Point is, that if you do not put your spouse first, then you are NOT giving a good example for your children [who should learn that your spouse is #1].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit