Are you related to anyone famous?

by Mulan 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• Beans
    Beans

I have royal blood in me from East Prussia, so I guess my family was once famous!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Charlie, we might be cousins!!!!!!!!!!!

There were lots of Benedict Arnolds but they are all related. Yours (married to Margaret Mansfield) is the one we have all heard of.

Dave's great great grandfather was at Boonesboro with Daniel Boone. They settled in Arkansas eventually, but started in New York, and then Kentucky.

Great stories here everyone. Keep them coming.

• jukief
    jukief

I'm related to a famous apostate.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

One of my ancestors is David Kenneson (also spelled Kinnison). He was the last survivor of the Boston Tea Party, dying at the age of 115. He is buried in Lincoln Park in Chicago. On Dec. 13, 1903, Chicago honored his memory by erecting a monument over his grave.

• RR
    RR

I'm related to Adam on my mother's side

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm related to the family of Thomas Jefferson, a brother of his I think or maybe from one of his black women. My grandmother was a Jefferson before marriage to my grandpa Patterson. They moved down here from Charlottesville Va.

Ken P.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Chalk up another to Benedict Arnold's ancestry (or so I've always heard). Other than that, the only other "famous" relative I've ever heard of was an old Dallas Cowboy named John Niland. Supposedly a distant cousin or somesuch. So I guess all in all I'd have to say no, not related to anyone famous.

• neverthere
    neverthere

Sir Sanford Fleming, Princess Diana (no, not kidding, way far off distant, like they don't even know we exist cousin) Rob Roy MacGregor, and Alexander Fleming.

Diana

• Odrade
    Odrade

Nope, every once in awhile one of the relatives claims we are related to this famous person or that... or some invention was supposedly a family member. But most of my family makes up alot of stuff to entertain themselves. The closest we ever got to fame was a couple ancestors who headed out on the California trail... several years late for the gold rush, and I think they gave up in like Nevada. LMAO! Does that count?

Odrade

• jelly
    jelly

I'm a descendant of the German dude that acted as a translator for George Washington. Besides that its all white (and a little indian) trash.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit