Some Arguments Just Can't be Won. . .

by StinkyPantz 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

SP......"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain

I'll get this thread flaming...eheh...Pizza Toppings.... pepperoni or Canadian bacon? veggie or meat lover's? Come on...I dare ya! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Baiting The Woofs in Cheeps Clothing" class

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The way I look at it is that an argument on even controversial topics can indeed be won. It can be won by both sides when the argument turns into a discussion of each others' sides and everyone comes away "agreeing to disagree" but respecting how the other side thinks and feels. That's happened here a couple of times.

Mike.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm not comfortable around flamingly gay men. I often find them to be irritating, it's a visceral reaction that I have. And I'm sure that there are gay men who aren't crazy about straight men and would rather not hang out with them.

Homosexuality goes wayyyyy back though, so I don't look at it as being an aberration. This is a change from how I used to feel, which was that it is always some sort of psychological pathology that makes people do that.

My thinking on a lot of subjects has been changed, adjusted, expanded, modified, etc. due to my viewing debate threads on this board. I don't participate much on them because I'm not educated enough to feel like I have much to add to the mix. But I do enjoy reading them, and drawing my own conclusions.

• Xena
    Xena

Win or lose I tend to get a lot of good information out of some of these thread. Its nice to see different viewpoints presented and get a feel for how other people think and why they think that way.

This board gives an amazing insight into human nature!

BTW COKE RULES!

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hey, Dan, you're kinda cute.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

ROTFLMAO @ PS

• sens
    sens
    What we should aim to do is have a discussion, learn other viewpoints and share ours with others

Yer, I agree with Simon...

3 Sens 4

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If this thread has turned to the topic of "Gays", then I'm happy to throw in my 2p.

Whilst I'm straight, I have several gay friends, of both genders.
    IMHO human beings are human beings, good bad or ugly, regardless of sexual orientation.

Oh, and Coke DEFINITELY roolz!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

This thread is not about gays, I asked that question as a joke. Everyone who answered it is a nerd.

And Pepsi rules, not Coke you weirdos.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I try not to post strong opinions on the 'heavy' stuff, but that's just me - my way of survival in the web jungle is to hide in the trees and eat bananas, looking at but not getting involved in skirmishes that break out on terra firma. It may be a spineless, cowardly, and decidedly uninteresting way of survival, but at least I don't get internet ulcers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit