If Trump is Impeached...the alternative is Pence ...

by tor1500 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Impeachment won't happen until / unless Democrats have a majority in the House of Representatives. That may or may not happen, but the earliest possible date would be in 2019.

If impeached, as noted, it would take 67 senators to vote to remove him from office.

By 2019, the Democrats might - might - have a slim majority in the Senate.

So there would need to be 15, 17, or more Republican senators who would agree that he should be removed from office.

By 2019, depending on how the 2018 midterm elections go, it is conceivable (to me anyway) that that many Republican senators would view Trump as enough of a drag on the party to oust him.

There are any of a dozen reasons he is eligible to be impeached & removed right now - it will be a minor point to elect one or two out of the many possibilities to use.

Impeachment and removal from office is a process that is about 90% political and 10% criminal / legal.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think Pence is a young earth creationist as well and thus anti-science.

• minimus
    minimus

Yawn

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I can tell what bs news station you watch.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

It is all a well managed show. As are all things which emanate from the District of Columbia.

It seems to be having the desired effect. Such is the power of Mind Control.

Actors.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@sir82:

There are any of a dozen reasons he is eligible to be impeached & removed right now - it will be a minor point to elect one or two out of the many possibilities to use.

What are those reasons?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Who is he ?

Some filthy tea partier.

Where did they find him ?

The tea party

Where did he come from?

The tea party

Thoughts....

He's a tea partier.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

meanmrmustard - what I meant was not that the courts would remove him, but that they could give the office to whomever they wish after the removal is done (by the senate, as noted) this situation would be unprecedented and only the courts would settle a perceived or claimed fraudulent election. In case you missed the memo, the constitution has been dead for many years. Case in point - think about all the situations the police or feds can search you, your belongings, or seize the same... WITHOUT a warrant - then go back and read the constitution and see what probable cause was necessary to do.

I'm not saying anything did or didn't happen to validate the removal of Trump but I think by now it should be clear to most that real reasons don't need to exist for the will of the powerful to be impressed upon the less powerful.

People are exonerated all the time when evidence is overwhelming.

People are convicted all the time when evidence is lacking.

Those wielding the heavy hammer of JustUs do not need actual criminals to convict, they can simply point at a person and haul them off. And yes, I'm talking about the USA, where Trump is.

I'm simply relaying to you a possibility that may happen and that actual wrong-doing is not necessary to prove to get it done.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@MrRoboto:

Well, since we are taking about possibilities instead of probabilities: I suppose it is also possible for the Military to perform a coup. They could then install anyone they like, perhaps Hillary. After that, it is entirely possible that she would force the entire population of the United States to press a plastic reset button (google “Hillary reset button” if you are not familiar with the reference). She would then decree that Trump endure golden showers from Pelosi each morning, after which she would retreat into a hard caccoon made of spittle for winter.

I don’t disagree with you about the Constitution. It has been undermined quite a bit. The federal government is too big.

• John Davis
    John Davis

The electorate did not legally elect President Trump. The legal means of electing the President lies in the electoral college. Those electors are the ones who actually elected the President. And since there is no accusations that those electors were illegally coerced into voting for President Trump, his election is valid no matter what a court might find.

There is some dispute in whether the President can be indicted while still in office. Some say that because he is the chief law enforcement officer he cannot be indicted while in office. Others say that his office cannot bar him from being indicted for a crime prior to him taking the oath. And even if he is convicted it raises the question would a conviction immediately remove him from office, since the constitution only gives two ways to remove a sitting president from office legally either by impeachment and removal or by the 25th where the cabinet and the VP deems that he cannot fulfill his duties and even with that the president has the right to dispute that fact with Congress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit