If Trump is Impeached...the alternative is Pence ...

by tor1500 23 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

It's me again...with the question, if Trump is impeached, the alternative is Pence....well, it's not really a question but your thoughts.....

Who is he ? & Where did they find him ? Where did he come from?

Thoughts....

Tor

• sir82
    sir82

He's the ex-governor of Indiana.

Google is your friend.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@tor: if Trump is impeached, it doesn’t mean he is removed from office. The senate would have to do that after Impeachment. That takes 2/3 vote in senate.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Right, remember Clinton was impeached but found not guilty by the Senate.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

As much as I can't stand Trump, I certainly don't think he is going anywhere, short of a real smoking gun. But Pence is an absolute crazy right wing Christian conservative that would govern by his faith primarily.

In my mind, Pence would be more likely to push a conservative agenda and have success. But he is more of a seasoned politician, so its I think less likely he taunts a nuclear dictator into WW3.

So plus and minus on both sides. But in the end...Pence........I don't agree with him on much, but he would be MUCH less embarrassing.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

Interesting article in the New Yorker.

I think the dems are better off under Trump, as long as he doesn't start a nuclear war.

Pence has strong ties to the Koch brothers, and is a supporter of their agenda, he is very conservative socially, as governor of Indiana he supported a law that would make it legal for businesses to discriminate against gays.

• JRK
    JRK

Pence was Governor of my state; and he is a living, breathing turd. We are better off under Trump. He is so polarizing that his agenda is not going to get accomplished.

JK

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Factually & historically speaking, the courts can do whatever they deem fit (esp. SCOTUS) so if the POTUS is found to have gotten his position illegally then not only can he be removed from office but there would be nothing standing in the way of removing all his folks and handing the goods over to the "rightful owner(s)" who would probably be Clinton.

It would be a huge upset and not exactly legal but we've seen elections be given away on the basis of the opinions of courts before. Some people would be ecstatic and some would probably buy a lot more guns.

I'm not saying that all this would happen but it certainly could, and noone would be able to stop it.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@MrRoboto:

The federal judiciary can’t remove the president. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_v._United_States. This was the correct decision. If courts can do this, then the Constitution is dead - completely.

If the president got his position “illegally” then the Senate can convict on these crimes.

So far there has been nothing, one year plus, to indicate anything illegal happened. In fact, quite the opposite.

BUT the President may be impeached over the fake Russian collusion. But not removed. It would only help him in the end.

• Outahere
    Outahere

They impeached Clinton, but he wasn't removed. But impeaching him was a huge mistake for the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit