Your Personal Pet Project

by Phantom Stranger 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

So...as Fast Company magazine used to ask - What are you working on?

I have a screenplay I work on occasionally (a romantic comedy) and a nonfiction book about the area in which I grew up.

I also have a wedding in a year, and we are looking for a house to buy.

So what are y'all working on?

And how can we support you?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh lordy what a question

• book of poetry - always seem to be adding to it
    • recovery book
    • another JWD cookbook for the holidays
    • starting a private practice
    • getting ready to sell our house and buy a new one
    • always learning some new computer skills - right now working on image maps
    • knitting for grandchild due May 16
    • photography
  • Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

College is first in my life. I'm working hard to stay ahead of the game right now.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

• College
    • Lesson, unit, curriculum portfoilos
    • The odd short story or two
    • The same painting I have been working on since 1998...(oopies hee hee)
  • StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Is college a pet project?

Anyways. . I am working on a novel. Be on the look-out.

• obiwan
    obiwan

This may sound silly to some, but I have a project for a lawnmower accesorry. However, I am running into problems with getting it patented. I don't want to go through a company, and spend two or three thousand dollars for them to patent it, especially when I don't have that kind of money.

• smack
    smack

is beer a project?

nah, then restoring the 1966 Ducati single that I have.

• greven
    greven

Several things:

1) writing several articles on religion/bible/reason/wtbs/logic etc

2) creating a mega-index. On my computer I have scores of articles/quotes/random thoughts on a zillion topics stored. I like to index them logically so I can find them when I need them (see number 1).

3) Writing a book (several ideas)

4) free my parents from the borg (it's working!) and DA

5) creating a rift in the space-time continuum

Greven

• minimus
    minimus

You are my personal pet project.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Does irritating Simon with my right-wing social, political, and religious views count? Nahhh!

OK...Knights of Columbus takes up a lot of my free time...two projects I'm working on...funding the Special Olympics state games here in SC.

Raising money for the St Vincent DePaul Society to feed the poor...I'm putting together a soup and bread dinner for our parish...one bowl of soup...one peice of bread...all for a donation (hopefully big) to go to the Society. I'm hoping to leave those that come and partake of the soup (provided free by the members of the KofC) and the bread (trying to get Publix food store to donate that too) a little hungry so that they might identify a bit more with those less fortunate.

I'm also writing a Training Support Package for Accomodating Religious Practices in the Army...to show new Chaplain Assistants how we try to ensure the Right of Free Exercise to soldiers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit