Older Watchtowers and Awakes added on jw.org Online library

by AuntBee 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

I think many thing ...

first stopping CD-ROM production ...

second ... the possibility to modify as they want the contents of old publication

remember the Rama Singh Case where WT change an Awake when Researcher Rama Singh want to assign in justice WT for missuse of his work ...

Best regards

(Don't hesitate to correct my english... )

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

If WT ever did actually change some of the things from the past online to make it seem like they never said that, I bet you the average JW would believe only what's on line, even if you showed it to them in print.

Or they would say, yeah, but they HAD to change it because that's old light now, or that was the old understanding, so that's why they've updated the new one.

WTF!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If indeed they left them as originally published then i both credit them and smh at them.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

CAREFUL thats what I am wondering. What has been excluded and or edited?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Where?, I wasted five minutes looking for those old publications and nothing...

• sir82
    sir82

Where?, I wasted five minutes looking for those old publications and nothing...

wol.jw.borg (remove the "b")

• jp1692
    jp1692

The Awake! magazine only goes back to 1970, so you can't read this little gem:

“If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the “last days” in 1914, Jesus foretold: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!” Awake! 1969, May 22, p.15

• sir82
    sir82

I suspect that they put the Awake cutoff at the arbitrary date of 1970 for precisely that reason - so that no one would encounter that particularly damning quote.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Does anyone here know in which old publication it states something along the lines that ‘”you do not have to belong to a church (organized religion) because Jesus did not belong to one in his day and he is whom we are to be footstep followers of”?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

JP1692 that Awake! 1969, May 22, p.15 is a keeper!

That quote is soo damning to the WTBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit