AWAKE! asks, are we Slaves of fashion?

by plmkrzy 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berylblue
    berylblue

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

I wouldn't be caught dead in service in those clothes

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I did, however, just purchase a counterfeit Prada sample on ebay.

beryl if you ever come across a black prada wallet with a zippered compartment EMAIL ME AT ONCE!

I have been trying to find another for months!

• Brummie
    Brummie

I wonder if my red tie will be deemed as setting a trend for the youth to follow and therefore forbidden?

Dang, looks like I'm a have to go naked.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I duno brummie but it's awful cute!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

If anyone would like to copy this article to their hard drive for later reading, do so now because I need space. I will be deleting these pictures/articles in order to make room for something else on my web page. I will leave them up another day or two. I know of one poster who might want to copy the pages for someone else to read.

In case there is anyone else I thought I would post this note, they are coming down soon.

plum Visit Smiley Central! I need space! <<<<<< DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK! smiley popups! I can't stop it. Don't know why it linked.

• Room 215
    Room 215

...... And we're led to believe that any hapless householder who declines a copy of the ``Slave to Fashion" Awake! featured in the little dubbie's 30-second presentation, ihas condemned him/herself as a goat doomed to the Lord's Left hand.

It would seem that this magazine has as much connection to the life-saving message of God's Kingdom as a comic book!.

And as far as following fashions slavishly, I submit that's exactly what the dubbies do.... in their case, Lawrence Welk and his gaggle of fifties-era goody-goodies set the trend.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thanks for the notice, Plmkrzy.

• Piph
    Piph

Another fashion slave checking in.

Actually, I'd rather enslave others. My dream career was to become a fashion designer. My high school art teacher encouraged me to apply for a scholarship to an art school and of course I was a good little dub and told her college was the devil.

Now I'm looking forward to exploring that possibility again.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

In the picture above? Whazzup with the guy's hair (standing, in the blue shirt)? Also, I note "Today's English Translation" and "The New English Bible." So they don't only quote from New World Translation? Or are these their own versions of NWT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit