AWAKE! asks, are we Slaves of fashion?

by plmkrzy 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Ok I'll go get the rest of it now. I finally have access to my web page. Probably only for a min.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Slaves to fashion?

Now come on you guys, put your foot down and get these gals under control! Let's have some headship here!

I've managed to get HL thinking that wearing a Tate & Lyle sugar bag is the ultimate in fashion, saves me a fortune.

Mind you, the "Untouched by human hand" logo across her rear excites a few comments.

Englishman.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Plmkrzy, I quit being a slave to fashion when Cybil Shepherd marched onstage at the Academy Awards, wearing VERY comfy athletic shoes with an orange gown...I hate today's fashions....those designers can take their ugly colors, clone-y tailored, no-style-at-all fashions and needle-nosed-pointy shoes and shtick 'em where the sun don't shine....

Frannie B (of the "I fashion my own fashions in my own fashion" class)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Slave to fashion? Honey, get out the Versace handcuffs for me! Yep, I love fashion. Always have, even in the skirts below the knee days. Once upon a time, in a lovely secondhand store called "Cool Junk," I found a pair of pumps with four inch spike heels that look like they're covered in confetti -- bright dots of color all over. I decided they looked like they'd been gently worn by a transvestite, so I promptly bought them (for about $20) and wore them to the next Sunday meeting with a prim little black suit. I made sure I sat in the aisle seat and showed off the shoes. Well, you could tell who had a foot fetish in that hall! A couple of the mike runners almost fell over every time they went by, and one of the elders said, "um, that's some pair of shoes you have there, sister." Sounded like he wanted to counsel me but couldn't think of a thing to say. (Of course, his wife was right there.)

BTW, nice try on the Awake! cover, but that's still an outdated look. Someone was just trying to be "fashionable" with it. Gloves are in this season, though.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get out my 4-lb. September "Vogue" and continue ogling.

Nina

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

lol@frannie

cruz! But don't you know there is a dark side to fassion! FOR GAWDS SAKE BE CAREFUL!

• plmkrzy
  • plmkrzy
  • plmkrzy
  • plmkrzy
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

"A stick that cleans teeth"?

"An intriguing encounter with gray whales"?

Oh how I miss the meaty topics of the Awake magazine...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit