People Asking Me To Help Them Leave

by pale.emperor 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good for you P.E.that you are able to help people you know and who know you.

I think I know how you feel, it would make my heart glad to help JW "friends" and aquaintances in the 33 years of being in the religion to escape it. Kudos to you

I also believe that all of us on here are helping the curious and lurkers who come on here and other sites like this by our contributions to this discussion board by questioning and exposing WT doctrine and practices.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Whoa, that was deep! I'm sorry your friends are going through this but its also nice to see that more and more people are waking up! Thanks for sharing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Paley - I also make a point of messing with JW loaded language. For instance, instead of saying "the world" i say "the real world". Instead of "the truth" i say "the religion".

I agree with this. It's more important than it looks on the surface.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Why are they talking to you do you think? Your dfd right ? Did you tell all these people before your dfing that you DAd or what? It’s just the common practice when you hear someone being dfd is to think they had sex with someone there not supposed to. I don’t get it? But good on you!

My Facebook page (we all know JWs are a nosy bunch when it comes to DFd individuals) is set to Friends only. But i occasionally post things publicly that shows those JW lurkers how great my life is outside of the cult. Me in cool places, me in Uni, me all smiles with my daughter celebrating her birthday, and sometimes i'll deliberately share a post regarding the ARC or elders letters.

This, coupled with me attitude when i see JWs that know me. I dont cross the street but neither do i run up to them and act all over-the-top "look at me talking to you" kind of thing. I just smile, say hi as i pass and leave it there. Seems to show them that im no threat. Just another face on the street.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    I also make a point of messing with JW loaded language. For instance, instead of saying "the world" i say "the real world". Instead of "the truth" i say "the religion".

Punky said "I agree with this. It's more important than it looks on the surface."

And so do I, just a few weeks after I had left for good I met an XJW and I used the expression "The Truth", he pulled me up on it, and I expunged that and other esoteric JW expressions from my vocabulary.

I think it is a kindly way of showing the JW's where you stand, and getting them to question their beliefs.

Anyway it is " The Untruth".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

the loading of language is very 1984. I had a little titter because in the novel 1984 there is a 'Brother Rutherford'.

“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.”
    George Orwell, 1984

It's 'double plus good!'

Back to the thread.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    He said what mattered to him was his dedication to Jehovah as if I had broken my contract by leaving. I agree with you, they've broken the contract by completely changing the wording of it.

WT loophole on the "they changed the contract" is that every time you filled out a form for some "special privilege," even something as innocculous as auxiliary pioneering, you were agreeing with supporting the GB. It was on the bottom of every application. If you became an MS or elder, you were agreeing with the updated contract (new light). Saying all that, their rules. When we don't play by their rules, they can do what they want. And we can do what we want, but with known consequences of our choosing freedom. We lose so- called friends. No real loss if we are logical. Losing JW blood relatves, that is a loss, but we are better off ultimately. Logically we know this. Emotionally it sucks

Snakes (Rich)

• Chook
    Chook

My apostate endeavours consist of visiting MacDonalds on a Saturday or Sunday morning and reverse preaching to those stopping on their way to local convention hall. I’m sure I have planted seeds that will grow . It’s a very noble cause to save some from this family destroying cult. Well done Pale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit