Facing my own mortality!

by eyeuse2badub 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Actually it is good to come to terms with the fact our life will end one day, makes the life you now live seem more precious and may make you more prone to live your life more fully.

https://www.wikihow.com/Deal-with-an-Existential-Crisis

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    How are you dealing with the thought of your mortality?

I'm not. Nothing too deep to say about that on my part. I'm still too busy living.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The Bible says the wages of sin is death ,

Lazarus and a couple of others in the Bible died and were resurrected they paid for their sins right?

But they still died According to the Bible they should be still walking around among us but their not.

Death and taxes are the realities of life enjoy life while you can .

• venus
    venus

eyeuse2badub,

Extremists made life look like very complicated with concepts such as heaven, heal, mortality etc. If we start thinking fresh, then life is very simple. We descend to play and return home. Thus descending and returning alternate eternally. Certain degree of order makes life enjoyable; and simultaneously certain degree of disorder such as diseases, natural calamities make us want to return home. We cannot go on drinking/eating something sweet without its sweetness being felt diminishing. But when we alternate with something not sweet [like we take a sip, then have something not sweet, again have a sip ...] we enjoy sweetness again, and again. Principle is shown also by day and night. How boring it would be if we have only night. In nature everything happens in cycles. Even history is a never-ending cycle of New World and Old World [or cycle of paradise earth becoming a hellish earth which would again be renewed to paradise earth]—something Jesus implied in Mathew 19:28. But this is very much seen in the Book of Nature. Nature has a rhythm and things happen in cycles—cycle of season, carbon cycle, nitrogen cycle… etc. There are cycles happening within us too—our breathing is a cycle of inhaling and exhaling; cells in our bodies become old and are being replaced with new ones at regular intervals! Even when we sleep at night, we typically go through several sleep cycles. And each one of these cycles consists of 4 different stages of sleep—awake, light sleep, deep sleep and REM sleep. Those cycles show A MUTUAL INTERDEPENDENCE and purpose. For example, each season emerges from the previous and gently turns into the next. Winter snows feed the ground for Spring’s blossoms. Summer’s heat ripens the plants for Fall’s harvest. While in day, we desire for night and vice versa. While in hot Summer we wish it was Fall. While in cold Winter we wish it was Spring. Hence you will continue to exist in some form, somewhere. It is like sun—when it sets here, it has already risen elsewhere. Likewise, death here is birth elsewhere. For life is eternal. In reality, there is no death.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Death is just nature's way of telling you to slow down. . .

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Before I was born, I was non-existent. For all of eternity past I knew nothing, I felt nothing, I didn't exist.

When I exhaust my 840 months +/- residency on earth, I'll return to my previous condition - apparently for all of eternity. Belief in a future life - a life better than 840 months - is a choice/viewpoint for each individual to consider or dismiss.

Life and its absurd brevity as most people experience it, is not what it should be.

Every day someone younger, fitter, & better looking than us gets out of bed in the morning, but never goes back to bed again. Enjoy each day as peacefully as you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit