i think that 2 x jw getting together must make a good match

by nelly1 29 Replies latest social relationships

• nelly1
    nelly1

because they both have probrably been thru similar experiences..and can share whatever spirituality is left..i know id prolly prefer an xjw guy to someone in the world :)

any thoughts?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Agreed. I married an ex-JW I met through this board, and we are definitely on the same page when it comes to the crazy and hurtful world of the JW's. We shared some of the same experiences, had the same hopes, and ultimately suffered the same letdown when it all proved to be a mirage.

The next best thing would be someone compatible in religious/philosophic terms -- in other words if you don't feel religion is that important any more, you probably wouldn't want to hook up with someone who attends a "holy roller" church. Or if you attend such a church yourself, you probably would not seek the companionship of an atheist.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

If I were to marry again it would most likely be to another XJW. Someone who was never exposed to the cult would find it difficult to understand much of what makes us what we are. And while not necessarily impossible, it's very difficult for an XJW to remain married to someone who's an active JW. Once the entire belief system changes, there's very little the two have in common. At least that's been my experience.

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

youre probably right. my b/f was never a jw and he SO does not get it, nor does he try to get it. it's very frustrating.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I agree Tink, people simply cast aside things that never happened to them

Although my misses doesn't listen to a word I say anyway, so theres no point.

People don't realise how much the Watchtower controlled our lives

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

That's hard Tink!

I have dated a few guys who have tried to get at first, but then they never do, and never seem to quite understand why I get so worked up about it sometimes.

I would just like an exjw boyfriend because they all look so dern hot!!

Can I get an amen sisters!?!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

AMEN sister-friend!

• Hamas
    Hamas

AMEN !

...shit, did I just say that or think it.....

I gotta think of a line fast !!!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

you heard it here first, folks...hamas is on the market for a hot xjw apostahunk

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I guess I'm jaded, but don't you think there would always be the gnawing fear that one or the other would return to JW-land?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit