DECEPTIVE JW ELDERS - CASE#4c

by Amazing 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

[Today, the Elders would not spend this time to debate Watch Tower writings, but would merely seek a loyalty oath or disfellowship. This was already in place in 1992, but the Elders in many congregations had not yet caught on to the new swift DF methods when dealing with those accused of apostasy.]

##############

you are correct robert johnson conducted one of our elders school he is a former DO and now works the Service desk and is refered to many times as a "Society Trouble Shooter"

he told us point blank that we don't give apostates a soapbox

we merely need to know

1. Do you Question as to whether jah is using the Society

bottom line he told us we are not there to discuss changings in our understanding over the yrs, etc

but are questioning whether jw is leading us as his people

he told us that we should have that answer in less the 15min

so if you find a body of elders or committtee that goes on for hours and hours days and days week after week getting back together to discuss more stuff- well according to what we were told
    you should be in and out in 15-30 min bottomline

wt is not interested in knowing your reason all they want to know is DO YOU QUESTION US

JAMES

The Freedom to Think means:

"I'd rather have Questions that I can't Answer ----Than Questions, I can't Ask.

(or Answers that I can't Question)."

• hippikon
    hippikon

Great stuff Mr Amazing cant wait for the next thrilling episode

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Amazing,

the Watch Tower SOciety wrote me a letter stating that the local Elders met and determined that I had DA'd myself, but that I was welcome to challenge this before they read any announcement. I was given 10 days to respond.

Doesn't this sound ridiculous?! If the act of disassociation is a voluntary act by the individual, how on earth can there be notice of 10 days to appeal?

To think we used to support this!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• BugEye
    BugEye

Amazing is the word.

It is sad that those still in the borg are not more in fear of the elders than they are. They should be terrified. These men play with the lives of all those "under their care".

On another note, when I had meetings with a group of elders, I recorded the conversations using hidden remote transmitters that were very small so that they were unaware that they were being taped. That way, they feel freer to be their deceitful selves. I also did this when making phone calls to elders about serious matters.

Its not quite legal to do this, but then again, neither is what most JC's do.

Dave

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey Bugsy:

Truth be told dude, I think that most jws are somewhat fearful of the elders in their congregation. I remeber right after I was baptized a brother exhorted me to come to Elders if I had any problems. In giving me this advice he alluded to a common feeling that in my opinion permeates the org. He told me, as Amazing somewhat alluded to in his story, not to listen to some of the friends and be scared of the elders. He said that they are not spiritual police( my first time hearing the term) but were there to help. To be honest I didn't know what he meant but I sure as hell found out later.

ONE....

bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • BlindersOff1
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Interesting.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Thanks for this. Very helpful.

'' the truth will out ''

nest of vipers it sounds like. Sounds just like some other very controlling, bullying religions in the world. Just look at Irish Catholicism and how the common folk were treated.

And as we all know in this ''modern'' world, that hate, control and bullying do not come solely in the form of violence. Mental and emotional abuse is every bit as serious.

I am not ssurprised at the current debacle of wt and jw land.

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia
    unfortunately elders will happily lie in order to protect someone in their clique. the whole getalong gang will twist the scriptures and make the complainer of the gross sinner look like the "unpeaceable" one. i am completely floored. feel like i can't trust anyone. none of those liars will see my eyes again. they have really stumbled me from attending my own congregation. Many watchtower studies about elders are more like "Fantasy Island".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit