If you had to choose

by dothemath 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

If you HAD to choose to belong to 1 religion, I was curious as to what any on the forum would pick.

i realize most here are likely atheist (I would have to say I'm agnostic), but if any would like to share their opinion, and maybe why?

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I am a faith practicing Deist/Agnostic with Buddhist leanings. If I had to chose one? How about kindness, or maybe love. Those would both be excellent on their own.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Secular Humanism.

• blondie
    blondie

I would design my own religion, only 1 member, me.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Pure Buddhism does not believe in any god but it still might be have mystical teachings that I do not ascribe to.

I would probably consider myself a worshipper of Gaia and the Cosmos in the same way that Carl Sagan believed. It would be a religion that sees evolution as a way for humanity to become a race of godless angels.

In other words, I would invent my own religion.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I was forced at gunpoint to choose a religion, I guess I would go with Buddhism. I find it mildly interesting, and the least harmful of all religions out there.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

If you HAD to choose to belong to 1 religion, I was curious as to what any on the forum would pick.

Still none. I can't see any circumstances in my life that would force me to practice any religion.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I would be a Satanist; specifically Anticosmic Satanism.

Anticosmic Satanism is really Gnosticism given a Satanic makeover. Basically: the creator God (or Demiurge) is evil; he's a fallen deity who created this world to be a prison. We were once beings of pure, uncreated fire whom the Demiurge trapped into bodies of clay. Lucifer is an emissary of El Acher (the 'Other God'), an aspect of the divine that did NOT fall along with the creator God. He wants to liberate us from our clay prisons and eventually destroy God and his abberent creation so we can all return to acosmic freedom. There are some things about this form of Satanism that creep me out: they are very anti-life; they abhor procreation and worship death. But I guess that logically follows if you accept their premise.

But it's all myth. There is no creator God to hate, nor is there some other God out there who is going to save us. Life is an accident and life's vicious circle will only end when the sun finally goes nova and burns earth's biosphere to ash.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'm a Mormon as many of you know. BUT if I were not a latter-day saint, I'd be an Orhodox Christian. (I might join Blondie's church, but there's a waiting list.)

• smiddy
    smiddy

If I had to choose some/any religion on the pain of death ,I think I would choose death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit