Will the Internet bring down the watchtower Bible and Tract Society

by frankiespeakin 37 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In the United States I keep hearing about how nobody sees the witness is going door-to-door and more, or at least not as often as they used to. I also heard a report from England recently which stated to the same effect.

What do you think? Do you think the Internet is the watchtower Society's worst nightmare?

I mean when you use a search engine and type in watchtower, or Jehovah, or Jesus, or witnesses, Jehovah's Witnesses, 99% of yuor hits are against not for the watchtower!

You think the governing body is shi++ing in its pants? Overall this information and bad publicity on the Internet. Do you think they are losing sleep at night worrying about who the next traitor could be inside the organization? They must worry about lawyers going bad that work for them? Or some disgruntled, disfellowshipped person going berserk seeking revenge?

Judging from the District convention's talk on " beware of the voice of strangers" I think they are plenty nervous, and are wondering what their final outcome is organization, will be.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Frankie !

Sorry that I was late replying...

I think that the internet IS causing a massive slowdown for the Watchtower ! They are so scared Frankie, we have the power of information at our fingertips !

JW growth has slowed right down in developed countres... in places such as France, Britain, Japan the WT has lost so many converts because more and more people are beginning to see the truth behind 'the truth'. Apparently, Japan has lost of 500 congregations !

There is a great pattern appearing though; in those countries that the internet is readilly available, many people are falling away. I know that I certainly did ! Without the internet, I would still be a loyal good old JW now. Well, ok, maybe loyal but certainly not good

Unfortunately, there has been an increase in some lands; lands without ready access to the internet. But God bless the internet and the information age ! People are beginning to think for themselves, and rightly so !

It's a pleasure having you aboard, and welcome my friend !

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I think that the Watchtower IS causing a massive slowdown for the Watchtower !

Wow... so they really are shooting themselves in the foot!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

dr you are such a smartass! ;)

• Hamas
    Hamas

lol.... agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Wheres the edit.... WHERES THE EDIT ?!?!?!?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I have an other question ? Do you think that their 50 % of REGIS US owned by WTBS and McCann (exclusive licence war technologie !!!) make them sure that different governements didn't stated on their case as a SECTE and would help them on different matter ... ???

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi frenchbabyface...I did not realize Regis had connections with the WTBTS..no wonder Kathy Lee Gifford left the show. He even promotes greed with who wants to be a Millionaire

• jgnat
    jgnat

Quoted from this excellent statistics site http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

What is common among those countries with zero growth or negative growth (most European, North American countries and Japan) compared to those countries with steady and rapid growth (former Soviet Union, most African and South and Central American countries)? This has been my question for the past several years since I started this statistics site. Economical, political and social instability of the countries seems to be related to the growth of the Watchtower religion. It prospers where the society is poor and unstable. It also prospers where public information sources are limited or restricted. In this regard, "epidemiology" of the Watchtower religion is very similar to that of contagious infectious diseases. Where the public awareness of disease propagation is limited, the disease spread rapidly. Is it totally a coincidence that the countries of rapid growth of JW population are also the countries of rapid growth in AIDS population?

The confounding factor in 2002 is, I think, the world-wide fear of war and terrorism since September 11th, 2001. As long as the crisis mentality prevails, the Watchtower religion will continue to prosper.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not want the society brought down by the internet or anything else -- I just want massive change --apologies for all the needlessly lost lives -- e.g. the blood issue. I also want them to allow Christian Freedom -- freedom of choice etc on waht we can read or watch or talk to without fear of being disfellowshipped-- and disfellowshipping to be completely adjusted -- d/fing should be an absolute last resort for somebody who continues to go in a course contrary to what the scriptures say -- and finally for all CO/DO/Elders/ Branch Committee to get off their power trip.

However , perhaps they need bringing down because change willn ot happen unless --- I think I am being naive

• integ
    integ

YES. It's starting to unravel. I can feel it. I did'nt before. Now I do.

In talking to people from the hall lately I am noticing a huge amount of sarcasm in regards to the Org. People are behaving a lot differently than before. Attendance has been dropping lately, a lot. In fact I was told there was a special needs talk given the other night on the attendance issue. Attendance was up from what I could tell just a few months ago, but for some reason it's apparently dropped a lot. In fact, there was a witness friend who referred to a "jw discussin board" during a conversation we were having over the weekend. I looked at her quizically, and said nothing. She paused and resumed the conversation, but it was weird. If you're out there, you know who you are, and it's cool. I won't tell on you(lol).

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit