Apparently Pinatas are ' no big deal'. What's next? Birthdays?

by xjw_b12 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

There have been some very interesting points raised here:

Lisa said:

It seems to me the Mexicans get an easy road of it, probably because of the potential growth Mexico represents to the WTS.

JeffT said:

My first thought on looking at this was "it's about numbers." What group in the US is the oly one still positively contributing new members? Answer: Hispanics. They've reached the point where they are now selling out their so-called principles to keeping the numbers up.

That was my twist on the whole thing. It's all about numbers, membership, and money. Jourles said:

While never coming out and outright banning the use of pinatas, the Society uses their famous KEYWORDS in demonizing the use of them altogether. The entire article reeks of negative connotations. No where in this article can be found a positive mention on the use of pinatas.

When you read the Awake article from 1971, that Jourles posted you can see how the whole jist of the information presented in the September 22, 2003 article has been relaxed to basically say 'it's no big deal'.............now ! Undercover said:

What about throwing rice at weddings? What about Birthdays? There is no proof that it is wrong to begin with and today it has NO pagan connections. What about toasting and clinking glasses? What about saying "bless you" or "geshundheit" or something similar when one sneezes? What about costume parties? What about wind chimes?

One would hope if they have relaxed their stand on Luaus and now Pinatas, they could come out and say, all these things are a personal choice. Who knows what could be next? Mothers and Fathers Day? Birthdays. Perhaps the WTS is leaning towards becoming an mainstream religion !

• Special K
    Special K

Wow

Jeff T .. just might be right.

They want the Hispanic numbers to boost there ranks.

I also agree with rocket man

If these are all going to be all right.. They may as well make all the other celebration an "up to you" kind of thing.

Just think.. what if they come out next month and would say "CHRISTMAS".. It's UP TO YOU!

That's two flip flops since July, The lu'au and the pinnata. Maybe they are going to slowly introduce other holidays.

Think of it, guys. If they gradually changed their stance on holidays.. WOULD NOT THEIR NUMBERS GO UP!!!!!!

And if numbers go up.. they earn more money.

Special K

• willyloman
    willyloman
    What if your company requires that you raise the national flag every so often(let's say all employees take turns). If you're doing it at the behest of your boss, then you are not worshipping the flag, you're just a slave doing as his master instructs. Think they'll go for that one?

Actually, the WTS does "go for that one." It's in an old WT. You could look it up.

• core
    core

We live a sheltered life here in the UK

WHAT IS A PINATA? sorry to be so thick

• Scully
    Scully

A piñata is a moderately sized papier-maché decorative figurine. It is popular at parties. The piñata is filled with candy, and then hung from a branch, and children (sometimes blindfolded, sometimes not) take turns smacking it with sticks until it breaks open.... and voilà... CANDY!!

Love, Scully

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Are the brothers in Malawi allowed to have pinatas too?

This opens the door for a great aposto-industry - WT themed pinatas! Great for apostate festivities of all sorts!

Smurfs, Deemins, 7-headed wild breasts, harlots, Nebuchadnezzar, and on and on and on. Someone really MUST do a Rutherford pinata, dontchathink?

• minimus
    minimus

The Society now feels it's a conscience matter to have those little virgin Mary's on the dashboard (out of deference).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I can't wait for my Stoops.com Xmas catalog to come in the mail!

BTW, is STOOPS a conjunction of "stupids"?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Nathan wrote: Smurfs, Deemins, 7-headed wild breasts SIGN ME UP FOR THE WILD BREASTS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

O my! is my face red now or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit