What will you miss most from this system....

by expatbrit 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

Dear RHW,
    You said:
    "The thing that's really sad is that, as JWs, they are missing out on the beautiful things in life right now. They are giving up everything in their present lives for some amorphous "something" that they can't even define."

Can't agree more! That is why I started college this spring and am moving on tyring to do things that I missed out on. What you said is something that hit me the most when I think of the ones that I care about that are still in the congregations. What a waste, and you just can't tell them, they are conditioned not to listen. No one could tell me, and my wonderful SIL sure did try!
    Lindy (Antique)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SF Jim, I like your style, keep posting big guy.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• jelly
    jelly

In the new system Jelly will miss sodomy, you know that really fun kind of sodomy that makes you and your mate feel naughty.
    Jelly

• Francois
    Francois

A thousand years with Jehovah's Witnesses? I'd rather be dead.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi expat and all.

I'd miss my ability to 'sashay' thru life lol,luv,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• riz
    riz

jelly,

naughty naughty! your first name wouldn't be k.y., would it?

rizzy

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Ahahahahaahahaha!

I applied for membership on their board. I used the KH that someone posted from the Internet here!!

( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5742&site=3)

If approved(?), I am going to start posting all these suggestions on that thread!!

ahahahahahahaahahhhahh

Slipnslidemaster:Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

I find it sad how we used to "cut off" family members as if they didn't even exist. Up until recently even though we hadn't been going to meetings for a few years, we still viewed it as the "truth" and "the closest thing to Jehovahs organisation" there is. We "cut off" family members who were df'd and when we saw them we pretended they weren't even there. You feel bad at the time but you always console yourself that its for their own good. (What a joke!)

The thing is they would never have come back into the Borg anyway. We get on good with them now but I still have the guilts for what we did to them.

I had an aunty who told here son that she would never look on his face again. She never did and died a sad and bitter and lonely old lady. I feel very sad for the way the Borg puts these feeling into people.

Maybe one day they'll lax up a little but I won't hold my breath.

BugEyes Wife

• riz
    riz

I'm with you, Red. What a miserable existance, when all you are living for is the supposed eventual death of 99% of the world's population.

Also, they aren't allowed to find any joy outside of the org. because apparently Satan is in control of everything in the 'world.' How sad. Poor misguided saps.

rizzy

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

• BugEye
    BugEye

Riz,

Dont you ever sleep?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit