What will you miss most from this system....

by expatbrit 23 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

....when it goes?

That's the title of another poxy thread on Witnesses Online that has me scratching my head in disbelief that anyone could be so deluded.

I would love to be able to post a reply in the thread saying something like: "well, I guess none of you have any unbelieving relatives, then?".

link: http://www.witnessesonline.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/witnessesonline/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000345

Expatbrit

• wasasister
    wasasister

I've posted this before, but will repeat it for newcomers:

When my (20 year old, no-longer believing) daughter and I stepped for the first time onto Waikiki Beach on the Island of Oahu, we could not believe the beauty. Everything was perfect: ideal weather, scent of tropical flowers, amazing color of ocean, warm sand beneath our feet, lilting music in the background. She concluded:

"Mom, it's like the New System...only with denim and alcohol."

If someone forced me to live in the Watchtower picture of the new system, I'd miss denim and alcohol...along with South Park, dirty jokes, contact sports, and Fred Hall.

• logical
    logical

I am so glad I never became a JW. I could be just like those losers.

• hybridous
    hybridous

The fact that this is a subject there at all shows that some of them aren't correctly parroting the WT society.

The whole point of paradise is...there isn't SUPPOSED to be something to miss from this 'old system'. Is there?!

The fact that they are dwelling on aspects of Satan's World shows that they are certainly not in the right frame of mind for such an event. Anyone remember being taught that looking back fondly upon this system would make one like Lot's wife?

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Apostates!

I look forward to fertilizing my garden with them.

• Englishman
    Englishman

The Simpsons.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

One of the posters on that board wrote:

"Oh, we have had this conversation in service before.. I have always said that I would like to see some of the great castles and fortresses in Europe and England. The history in those places (not to mention the books and movies they inspired) are so well known to us in America, that it would be nice to see where they took place."

What a pathetic world the JW's envision in which to spend eternity! The loss of such rich history; no museums, no points of historical interest... all destroyed in the name of "perfection". And what's worse? To be condemned to spend eternity with the likes of the people I left behind still staring blankly into their Watchtowers. I do not consider that Paradise.... I consider that Hell !!

• Lindy
    Lindy

Dear SF Jim.
    When I read your post, all that I could think of is, if you destroy books and no one reads, then you digress as a society. History is wiped out and your have nothing to base your learning on. No one would know the beauty of the old artists and the lessons learned by so many things. No one would know why the castles were built and that man acomplished all the great things that he did, on his own no less.

I was reminded of the movie, The Time Machine, and how the Eloi were completely controlled by the Morlocks. No literature was left from the past and no one knew how to read. The books found latter changed to dust when they were touched. The people knew nothing of their history as a race on the Earth. From the outsiders point of view they looked like they lived in a paradise. But the truth was there in the night and when the sirens went off. This is how I think of paradise now, as taught by the WTBTS. Looks good on the outside but monstrous on the inside.

Lindy (Antique)

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

{{{{{{ANTIQUE}}}}}}
    So nice to see you here, Lindy! I couldn't agree more.
    I've been corresponding off and on with an ex-JW in Australia who was very close to his mother until he was df'd, and now she has cut off all ties with him. He tried to reestablish contact with her, but she told him that she considered him dead already, and in the New System all memory of his existence would be wiped from her "perfect" mind.
    I don't know about you, but if perfection means deliberately manipulated amnesia, I think I'll pass.
    JIM
    (Deliberately Imperfect Class)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

The thing that's really sad is that, as JWs, they are missing out on the beautiful things in life right now. They are giving up everything in their present lives for some amorphous "something" that they can't even define.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit