The Irony of JW's on Halloween

by Simon 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

Isn't it ironic - the one day of the year you can pretty much guarantee that most people are not only home but anticipating people people calling at their door ... and Jehovah's Witnesses don't go out that day.

Heck, if the householder isn't receptive they even have the get-out option of claiming it was a joke and they dressed up as Jehovah's Witnesses for Halloween! :D

Of course we know the aim of the ministry for most is to avoid talking to people. That's why they do it during the day midweek or on Sat morning or Sun afternoon when people are most likely out.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

the one day of the year you can pretty much guarantee that most people are not only home but anticipating people people calling at their door ... and Jehovah's Witnesses don't go out that day - that's pretty funny

Also, Halloween is sooo dangerous for JWs. Deemunz, you see.

• Simon
    Simon
    But they can just hold out their bibles and scream "the power of Christ compels you !" and they will be OK ... right?
  • poopsiecakes
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Isn't also ironic that most people are afraid when these little trick or treaters come a knocking. Maybe its that apocalyptic doom thing of Armageddon coming soon that frightens most people ?

If these little guys come to my door tonight, I ain't answering, they scare the bejeebers out of me

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    I actually saw some JWs "out in service" today. I was kinda surprised.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I just had some little ones at my door. Good fun how could the Jw's screw things up so badly?
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If jw's are at home when the door bell rings with trick or treat, they hide and pretend to be a 'not at home'. lol

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I just had the welfare visit from a couple of young single mothers looking for Halloween candy. I look on the brighter side and the kids look smart.
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    The photo of the 2 boys make me sad...like the monkey an organ grinder uses to collect coins from his audience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit