PIMO Elder with a Dilemma

by xjwsrock 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JAMES JACK:

That’s good advice to the OP...He sounds youngish and can salvage his life and be happy...I was able to get on with my life when I left the JW religion almost twenty years ago.

I’m sorry about anybody at or near their Retirement age who believed the religion and did not prepare and now finds themselves in a terrible predicament!

It is rough and I wish you good luck and some breaks!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was talking to my sister-in-law last night about how my wife....... a former baptized JW..... never believed in the religion. She said that was her situation too.

Apparently their supposed belief was more about family culture. And I think that is the reality of many so called believers.

When I walked away from all of the JW influence my wife walked away as well as did her sister. It was as over for them as it was for me. Cause in their case they never believed.

I think habit and family influence was/is the root cause of a lot of JW's staying in the religion. Not for everlasting life..... just for family.

What a dumb religion that wants to keep people who will never lift a finger to help their religion nor contribute a dime.

WT loves the numbers more then it's people.

Walk away people!

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

"I have remained an elder to keep up appearances....."

Keep up appearances for who? God, mother, wife?

Your in the program....OK. Why be a leader in the program?

Your in the "good old boy country club" of elder hood.

How are you helping anyone in that position?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JAMES JACK: Totally relate to nearly everything you stated. With the 1975's all getting old (if not dead) you'ld think there would be a rebellion about failed false prophecy. I guess most of us who got disillusioned tended to "fade" away.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    you'ld think there would be a rebellion about failed false prophecy. - DoC

WT has since conditioned die-hard followers to believe the end coming in 1975, was not an organizational prediction, but was claimed to be statements by a few JWs that were overt optimistic in hoping Armageddon would come then. Even today, if 1975 is mentioned to those that were JWs at that time, most will right away defend WT by claiming WT never predicted Armageddon would occur in 1975.

Many JWs have invested so much into WT, they are unwilling to risk their investment by even entertaining the thought WT might be wrong. When WT alters its dogma and history, many of those that were JWs at the time, will deny the things that were taught which they accepted as "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit