PIMO Elder with a Dilemma

by xjwsrock 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Mate, I was once where you are.. elder, WT O/seer ,Secretary etc...with a committed wife.

In my view you have to come off and the sooner the better you know you shouldn't be there. I had to take time to prepare the way ,and it was hell.

Try and get them to remove you. Perhaps your wife will swing around to your side ... as a " victim" .Mine did and our married life has been much better ever since. Once out you can give her more time and relax a bit.

I still attend some meetings .That is no fun but ... hell, I have done it most of my life , no big deal.

I wish you well.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Hey also!

Watch the Leah Rimini Season 1 on Scientology with your wife!!!

It parallels the WT sooooo much, BUT, you are not watching an apostate thing, so it may get her thinking more!!!!!

• Spiral
    Spiral

After reading all these comments, I'd have to say, just go for it. Jump off that pier and swim. Removal or stepping down, whichever works best for you.

I know your wife will get "sympathy bombed" - or should I say "sympathy shamed" - by other sisters, but it won't last long.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Dont meet with them .what they gonna do ?

Agreed, don't even meet. Do a preemptive strike, and step down. Use the busy, not feeling well reason for lack of preaching hours and that it's better you take some time off. As you do this, you are already preparing the way to stop preaching altogether.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I always think if I knew 3 years ago what I know now I'd simply take a long vacation with my wife. 2-4 weeks. Away from meetings and literature. Away from the cult meetings and propaganda the mind gets time to think. 3 weeks in say I'm not going anymore and simply say I'm going to live a good life and be the best person I can be and be kind to all - can anyone fault you on that?

But yh, as others have said, dont give them the power. Leave on your own terms mate.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

XJWSROCK:

In reading everyone’s posts and yours included:.. I would say step down and say you are tired, depressed, ill or whatever.

Be vague. Exercise self-control and don’t say anything controversial. Don’t even act offended. As another poster said: why feel the need to teach anybody a lesson? By doing this, you are inviting drama and stress into your life.

At this point you should be concerned about your health and your marriage, IMO..Don’t invite confrontation.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Bingo LongHairedGal.

All I would add is you need to project "am broke/injured". If you do than you'll be the hero who's modest and humble, recognizing that you have to "step down in order to step up to Jehovah."

And on the night your deletion is announced maneuver things to get yourself on that platform to say the closing prayer. That'll buy you a shard load of acceptance.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Thanks for everyone's comments. I am going to take the opportunity and step down. Leave it drama free and point to some personal circumstances of mine as the reason - and leave it at that.

Here's to a new chapter :)

• jp1692
    jp1692

Just resign and absolutely refuse to tell the elders why.

They are NOT your friends.

Repeat after me: "The elders are not my friends!"

Dealing with your wife will be a lot more tricky.

Best of luck. You're in for a rough ride.

jp

• James Jack
    James Jack

Another Ex-Elder here. Was the COBE, Convention, CA speaker, Convention Program Overseer, Regular Pioneer, etc.

I know its hard, being an Elder is like taking a constant drug. You’re told “you are a glorious one, you’re in Jesus right hand, you’re being directed by Holy Spirit, the Governing Body loves and supports you, etc...”

I gave my wife piecemeal “truths” at a time. Keep it simple.

They lied to us and no one wants to take responsibility. “Millions now living will never die”, was said in 1919, they’re all dead now. The “Generation “ teaching has changed 5 times, but no apology for us making life decisions based on the current teaching. I gave talks in the 1980’s and 90’s, quoting the Watchtower that these Last Days will be over within this 20th Century. Now, we are in our 60’s, broke, no retirement, wasted our youth, vital energies on a lie, that we would “ never grow old, never die, not need to plan for retirement!”

We are sad, anger and bitter!

Step down now and try to salvage whatever life you have left before you die! You can not refute the facts! Everything thing else is speculation, hopes and dreams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit