Need blood? Save your life, here's why.

by LevelThePlayingField 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

To add to your argument jesus also said at Mathew 12 we desire mercy not sacrifice and at Mathew 15 nothing entering into a man can defile him. Last but not least in chapter 17 of Leviticus towards the end of the chapter it says it’s ok to eat an animal found dead or even sell it to the nations and if you did eat it you would only be unclean until evening.

An animal found dead would still have blood in it so it wasn’t unlawful to eat blood. The whole idea of this chapter was to say that life is precious and if you take an animals life pour out it’s blood out of respect for the animal you killed.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    this instance, it is taken that the person willfully broke the Sabbath law and was punished with death. This is the basis for disassociating a person who wilfully takes blood and does not repent. (Policy No, 1 above)
    when it was reported to Saul, Jehovah did not say anything to them, no death, no punishment, just that they should not have done so, and he provided to them a slaughter.
    In this instance, Saul repented and provided special sacrifices which were accepted by Jehovah and was pardoned. This is the basis for not disfellowshipping a person who is repentant after taking blood due to extreme pressure.

These examples prove how extremely unpredictable and nutty Jehovah is. A non-Israelite gets seen collecting firewood sticks and is put to death. Isrealites who have been given strict laws around blood and are let off Scott free. All proof the " voice of Jehovah" was in these men's heads. Saul just had a nicer head than Moses.

By the way Watchtower try to portray Jehovah as less nutty by claiming Saul placates Jehovah with " special sacrifices", I think these are in the GBs own head,too, coz I can't see any mention of any ( the altar is built after the sentence).

• cofty
    cofty

LTPF - Going back to your OP...

Did Jesus break the sabbath law or not?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

That's a good question. I would say no he did not, because he fulfilled it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The no blood doctrine created by the leaders of the WTS/JWS is a good example of how men internally identify themselves as the ones being guided by god, create doctrines which are not rational or devised with balanced integrity.

That kind of power can be deadly ie. thousands of people (JWS) have died from refusing a blood transfusion to date.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    millie210 - "They are in the process of backing away from their blood policy. They are not going to apologize or release new directives. Rather, they are just going to be very quiet and 'forgive' people until the generation that knew it die off. It is being phased out and the children and grandchildren of the 30 something year old JWs will look at it as "the old ways', the same as older JWs now view organ transplants and vaccines.

Barb Anderson has suggested this, too; that they've been trying to quietly leave the blood ban behind...

...without actually looking like they're leaving it behind, of course.

Don't forget, they're loathe to appear as if they're capitulating to outside pressure.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding6 days ago6 days ago6 days ago

The first blood transfusion took place in the first century. A woman with very low hemoglobin was desperate for a fraction. The Holy Spirit gave her a full transfusion.

Luke 8:

43 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years,[c] but no one could heal her.

44 She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

45 “Who touched me?” Jesus asked.

48 Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”

Jesus preached “I want MERCY and NOT sacrifice “

If today, a JW woman had a dangerous perforated uterus and was low on hemoglobin and needed surgery and blood, what would Watchtower say?

They would say that she can have the surgery but her hemoglobin is her own problem.

Jesus didn’t do a half a cure, but Watchtower would.

... bastards

• cofty
    cofty
    That's a good question. I would say no he did not, because he fulfilled it - LTPF

So if Jesus didn't break the sabbath law does that not negate your argument in the OP?

• TD
    TD

I would say no he did not, because he fulfilled it.

That's an allusion to Pauline theology right?

(That the Law was ultimately condemnatory because no man could keep it. Jesus released mankind from that burden by fulfilling it, so obviously he couldn't have broken it.)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If you or your loved ones need blood and nothing else will do, well just remember that it's a hell of a lot easier to ask for forgiveness that it it is to ask for permission. You can't bring someone back from the dead but you can get reinstated if df'ed for accepting blood. We all know that it's a deadly bullsh*t doctrine and I doubt that any jw alive today will even bat an eye if you take blood and live to tell the story. I know that even when i was a uber jw, I would not have thought much about it if someone took blood and lived!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit