What is THE Most Martyr-like Effort You Ever....

by Frannie Banannie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What is THE most martyr-like effort you ever made as a JW to preach door-to-door...?

Frannie B

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Going door to door in -40degree C weather, and having to take my gloves off, so I could turn the pages of whatever rag I was offering that day.

• Lutece
    Lutece

8 months pregnant and hot as hell outside. Got conned into going for "just a little while" so I could help sit in on a study, turned out the householder "forgot" about the study so we did return visits instead. Just driving around in that stifling little cramped car with no a/c was enough to make me sick. I can't believe I did that, but only one time! Of course there was one pioneer who just took her little newborn out every day with her in service, nursing in the car, changing diapers in the car. What a life. haha She sure enjoyed telling everyone how a little baby wasn't going to keep her from serving Jehovah. Stupid, stupid woman.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Please...if I couldn't find nylons without a run, I wasn't going out.

I was so spiritually weak! *breaks into mock sobs*

*giggles to herself*

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I injured my right knee, and my kneecap had shifted to the right side of my leg, but I was a pioneer and had to get my time, so I went street witnessing on my crutches, before I even went to the doctor. I was a real sicko!

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Going door to door in -40degree C weather, and having to take my gloves off, so I could turn the pages of whatever rag I was offering that day.

BBBRRR-R-R-R-R-R! xjw_b12....good thing you didn't get frostbite...or didja?

8 months pregnant and hot as hell outside. Got conned into going for "just a little while" so I could help sit in on a study, turned out the householder "forgot" about the study so we did return visits instead. Just driving around in that stifling little cramped car with no a/c was enough to make me sick. I can't believe I did that, but only one time! Of course there was one pioneer who just took her little newborn out every day with her in service, nursing in the car, changing diapers in the car. What a life. haha She sure enjoyed telling everyone how a little baby wasn't going to keep her from serving Jehovah. Stupid, stupid woman.

Lutece! Poor baby!<<<you......and poor baby of that shtupid woman!

Please...if I couldn't find nylons without a run, I wasn't going out. I was so spiritually weak! *breaks into mock sobs* *giggles to herself*

LOL@Joannadandy! I love it!

I injured my right knee, and my kneecap had shifted to the right side of my leg, but I was a pioneer and had to get my time, so I went street witnessing on my crutches, before I even went to the doctor. I was a real sicko!

(MOANNNNS) Oh, Walter! I was sicker than you, chico.....I took 3 kids out in field service, two on crutches, one in bandages, and I was walking with a cane...

Frannie B

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I was a regular pioneer for 15 years and never cheated on my time slip. I did this with Lupus and from a wheel chair in the last few years. I did this from wood piles of Tennessee to Beverly Hills to Mountains of Vermont to 40 below in North Idaho to Okfenokee Swamp(GA). I did street work, business territory, isolated territory, Reservations, Los Angeles, and NYC....

it was all the work of a martyr. and I felt very noble doing it. I was a self-righteous a$$hole.

I will have to work to get out of the negative brownie points for the rest of my life.

Ravyn

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    and from a wheel chair

Dude! I bet you got lots of placements tho, because c'mon who;s gonna say no to a chick in a wheel chair!!

• Scully
    Scully

I think I mentioned this before.... but anyway.....

Like xjw_b12, I braved the sub-zero temperatures of The Great White North. It was considered to be inappropriate for sisters to wear slacks to go door-to-door (at the time, I've heard they are more reasonable nowadays), and coming from a large family it wasn't possible for us to have more than one pair of boots to wear each. Sturdy winter boots (ie, WARM ones) certainly were not becoming of any sister representing the Almighty God, Jehovah! My brothers got to have Sorels. They were manly AND warm AND didn't upset Jehovah when they were worn by people who were born with a penis. And don't get me started on gloves!! I kept extra pairs of mittens in my pockets so that I could double up between doors.

The weekend of the CO's visit was inordinately cold, with biting cold north winds out of the Arctic. My dad took me out in service that weekend, and we had the Privilege™ of working with the CO and his wife. At this point, I have to say that this CO and his wife were probably one of the nicest CO couples I've ever met. We were working in more-or-less rural territory, where there were new housing developments going in. Keeners that we were, we were working uncharted territory so to speak. The congregation still didn't have territory cards for the area, that's how new it was.

Anyway, we'd been working for a while, trudging through snowbanks up to our thighs (remember, I'm wearing boots that go to my calves, nylons, a skirt underneath my winter coat, so I had snow pretty much up the wazoo), with the harsh wind in our faces. The wind was SO cold that my nose was dripping and I had a lovely snot-sicle forming on the end of my nose. How that wasn't inappropriate for someone representing Almighty God, Jehovah, I will never know. We'd finally got someone to answer the door (they must have wondered if their house was burning down because nobody in their right mind would be outdoors in this weather... oh yeah... keyword: in their right mind) and the CO's wife made her presentation. All of a sudden, I felt dizzy and started to black out. I managed to lean on one of the columns long enough for the CO's wife to finish up... and then everything went black.

I came to in the car, with the heat blasting on my legs and feet. The CO thought it was a good idea to break for coffee at this point. (gee, y'think??) When we got home (after coffee break and Return Visits™) I got in trouble for ruining our morning in service. Like, how dare I pass out from being outside in the INSANE cold, didn't I know what a bad witness I gave doing that?? My comment was, well, why wasn't Jehovah (the dude I was out there "representing") protecting me from the bitter cold?? That went over like a lead balloon. And I'm thinking now, how the hell did I "ruin" service that morning?? We would have gone for coffee break anyway ... they still did Return Visits™ afterward. I guess it must have been that I "deliberately" passed out, so I'd get attention from my dad and the CO and his wife that should have been going to Almighty God, Jehovah. How dare I, indeed!

Love, Scully

• unique1
    unique1

((((((SCULLY)))))) WOW!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit