Possible leak from Annual Meeting 2018

by Listener 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• careful
    careful

Della Street,

If there's any real info, keep us posted!

• Splash
    Splash

At least the WT have clarified for us how the kings will meet their end:

w60 4/1 p. 219 par. 25 Part 35—"Your Will Be Done on Earth"

"Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter."

• Splash
    Splash

The WT cherry pick events and countries to fit their teaching du jour of the kings of the north and south. How else could Britain be both the king of the north and the king of the south within the space of just 35 years:

1925 Our Lords Return p. 23

"The "king of the north" means Great Britain"

w60 2/15 p. 122 par. 50 Part 32—"Your Will Be Done on Earth"

"the king of the south, the Anglo-American dual world power"

This latest proclamation is just another guess in their long list of changes.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    At least the WT have clarified for us how the kings will meet their end:
    w60 4/1 p. 219 par. 25 Part 35—"Your Will Be Done on Earth"
    "Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter."

Cosmic Rays to affect the minds of his enemies???

• Della Street
    Della Street

@careful - I will be sure to post something as soon as we can meet. I'm busy with school, so it might be a week or two. At any rate, I'll update when I can.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

maybe theres 2 kings of the north that overlap as in the king of true north and the king of magnetic north.

LOL , overlapping Kings of the North ? is it possible to also have overlapping kings of the South ?

• Della Street
    Della Street

Some of you may recall I have a friend who just got back from the Annual Meeting and was eager to tell me the "historic and exciting" information that she learned...I had lunch with her today....so drum roll please......

The King of the North is.....Russia!!!.... I KNOW... didn't they already think that? And the answer is yes. But they now also think the prophecy of the "pushing" between the King of the North (Anglo-American world powers and their allies) and King of the South (Russia and their Allies) is being fulfilled now as evidenced by the persecution (banning of JWs and their bible being labeled "extremist" material) .... and of course the interference of Russia in the current political cycles of the US....

Plus the Ezekiel book, the cartoon, and the new book for the giving speakers counsel for their talks.

So, that was the earth shattering information. (YAWN).

She did however tell me something that I've never heard or read, and I wondered what anyone else know about it...WT owns a fiber optics company that was developed by graduate students at a university - lead by a JW professor. This company is owned by WT and has Bethelites working along side non-JW employees. The person who hosted them for the Annual meeting is a "supervisor" of this project.

Maybe this is no big deal, but it makes me wonder what other companies like this the WT owns and how this plays into how they shift their money around to avoid detection.

Frankly, it was the most interesting thing she said about the JWs during the whole lunch.

Anyway....eagerly awaiting your comments. :-)

• LV101
    LV101

I read years ago (H20 days) they owned a Florida orange juice company. Seems there was something about tobacco property but maybe that was stock. Owning a Floridian orange juice company can't be half bad.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I understand there are two book releases, but what could possibly be so exciting that she would want to come straight home and set up lunch to tell me?

A JW where I live that is always trying to get me back to where I used to be in JWland said that he was told, "the 'great tribulation' has now started, and we should be hiding Bibles and literature in safe spaces' " so we can access it when the government comes after us.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    WT owns a fiber optics company that was developed by graduate students at a university - lead by a JW professor.

The guy referred to in the link below is a JW elder who gives regional convention talks and does work at Bethel in his field. He is a prominent, big-shot JW. He could be the JW professor referred to in the quote above.

http://www.list.ufl.edu/latchman.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit