Been years since Ive gone - should I bother with a letter?

by BeaverEater 29 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    B-E -
    should I bother with a letter?

If you don't want to be playing in their fake religion, don't bother playing by their fake rules.

Just carry on as you are and don't try to be mean to the sig. (Cigar? Signal toothpaste? ....ah, you mean significant other! Took me a while).

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

Most def. Have your say. Put them on notice!

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Thanks. I wouldnt have any letter to write, other than please take me off your roles. Last cong I was in was at the ass end of town, no one even knew me there when I went, part of the fade... so, i guess it does not matter. Just pisses me off that Im sure somewhere in their database Im associated with the cult and thats what irks me. Probably best to forget about it. Ive moved on, really dont care about any of their shit... other than once in a blue moon going to the Memorial with sig other for support (basically she cant see shit at night and I have to drive lol...) other than that, thats it...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOZY:

It is interesting what you wrote about attending that funeral and only recognizing fewer than 25% of the people there because people either moved, died, etc.. But, I have to comment about that rambling letter from the guy who attended fifteen+ years earlier.. You decided why bother making an announcement about somebody who nobody basically knew?

The same mentality could also be applicable to JWs’ shunning routine when in public places and SO many years have passed that the shunned person doesn’t even recognize them. (Maybe they should go up and reintroduce themselves to the shunned person.🤣) The shunning routine doesn’t work without an audience that knows what’s going on. Witnesses are ridiculous people and don’t realize how unimportant they are and that shunned person in the store (who moved on with their life) doesn’t even know who the hell that person is who’s staring at them. (I experienced this and figured it out later on.)

But, getting back to the main topic, I think most wouldn’t be bothered with any letter.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

Do not play by their rules. Ever.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Tbh I’m not a big fan of DAing. I’m coming up to my 10 POMOversary. I’m actually quite glad I left before I opened my mouth. Don’t try to fix what ain’t broken. I’m in a similar situation as you, in that you have a wife and I have an elderly parent. For the time been it makes dealing with my father and by extension of that the JWs so more easier. I can be there with my father when they visit etc. It makes providing care for him so much more easier and stress free. Would he afford me the same courtesy? He probably wouldn’t, although with his state of health, I really couldn’t answer that question. If it makes your wife more comfortable, even though she’s half out. I’d just leave things as they are.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Their authority is all fake, anyway.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

If you do send a letter, here are a few options you might consider:

1. Include a bill for reimbursal of all the contributions you made while in. Itemize carefully and indicate it should be paid in full in 30 days or else...

2. Tell them Jesus told you to do it. Be as authentic as possible.

3. Write it in crayon and draw some pictures - stick figures of you.

4. Make a fold out and use Michael Jacksons face.

5. Put a picture of a really cool sports car and say this is another reason you left.

6. Ask if everyone you knew was able to get over the STD's they contracted on the last Intl' Convention - be sincere.

7. Ask if they could drop by the local Catholic parish where some kind fellows were asking for a visit. Give the address. Make it believable.

8. Do nothing and live your life, find joy, have a great meal and an even better beer.

• Simon
    Simon

Why play by their rules? Nothing helps you - leave it be.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

You owe them nothing. They have no legitimate authority over you, so you have no obligation to play their game according to their rules. And since you have a spouse who remains sympathetic to the organization, and another family member "all in", would it be prudent to send the letter? If sending a letter is more likely to harm your domestic tranquility and unlikely to do any long term good, I think it better to not fan the flames.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit