Been years since Ive gone - should I bother with a letter?

by BeaverEater 29 Replies latest jw friends

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Sig other is half assed still in, one family member is in... Its been years... wondering if I should just let it be or just call up HQ and say I resign... I will be pissed if they announce shit at the KH, though I dont even remember the last one I went to... lol. For me, its none of anyone elses business... thoughts?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

BeaverEater.

Welcome to the Forum a great place to explore various points of view on jw stuff.

In my opinion, do not bother with a letter as your no longer being a witness will be read out.

Seems you are simply fading and no longer active.

Take my tip, let it be, that way friends and family will not be required to shun you.

They will occasionally work on you to 'return to their desert god' but I'm sure you could deal

with that now and then.

Enjoy the freedom from constant guilt tripping.

jtg

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Yea Ive been gone for 20 years... lol. Was wondering if there stupid notice to all members was still the same...

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Leave sleeping dogs alone. IMO

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I did it after many years out and I couldn`t give a stuff if they read a letter or not.

I veiwed it as my DF the cult.

All of my family are out with only one niece still in.It`s her loss not talking to any of her family.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Ding
    Ding

You've been out for years, and you don't think your status is anyone else's business... so why tell the elders anything at all?

That would just stir things up to no purpose, wouldn't it?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

If you want to write a letter to the org or the locals, write it...give them your reasons...sign it alias whomever

You will have your say...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Don't bother.

My father had a saying when he was alive that may apply, "Ju mer du rör om i skitten destro värre luktar det." That is Swedish.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Translation:The more you stir in the dirt, the worse it smells.

So, let sleeping dogs lie.

O like the idea of sending them an anonymous letter signed, Jehovah knows who I am. Tell the elders they can announce your name from the pulpit

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

NO!

That allows them to close the "case" on you vs having them waste time when the CO discusses inactive ones wih them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit