Sorry to hear that you left the "truth"

by eyeuse2badub 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great response. I will have to try and remember that one.

It is so sad when we loose contact with people we truly cared about. We think about all the good times and even the bad times that we went through together. I am sure you are the same wonderful person that you were years ago. My spouse and I left a few years ago but we are still the same kind and generous people we were before (minus the cult). The sad part about this is, people no longer want to be attached to us due to inactivity in WT. It says so much about those people. We joke from time to time. I wonder if we won millions in the lottery or were given a large sum of money, do you think these ones would give us a call. My heart breaks for those who thought these people ("friends" and family) would love them no matter what. This cult puts such a wedge in relationships and the lives of others. There is nothing more sacred than family and Watchtower has done NOTHING to keep families together. They have ripped them apart. For that, I think Watchtower will pay dearly. I hope I live long enough to see it.

• millie210
    millie210

Great response and a good starting point for the followup conversation!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Excellent reply. I will use that one myself!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It makes me grit my teeth when I hear people say that either someone "left The Truth", or "left Jehovah" when they really just left a organization, but of course that is how they have been trained to think. You actually handled it very well, they seem open to further discussion so that's a great start, you won't ever change anyone's thinking in one conversation.

• CovertsadJW
    CovertsadJW

That is a wise response and I will remember that.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It makes me grit my teeth when I hear people say that either someone "left The Truth", or "left Jehovah" when they really just left a organization

Exactly my feelings also. And EVERY time some jack-wad makes that comment I contradict them with the question, "How do YOU know they left JEHOVAH (or The Truth)? Just because they do not associate with an ORGANIZATION does not mean they left GOD! Can YOU read hearts?"

• steve2
    steve2

What is truly sad is that he and his wife, despite both being in their 70s and lifelong JWs, still haven’t realised the organization they slave for is nothing more than a sham that will string them and subsequent generations along on the false promise of “Soon”.

That’s what’s really, really sad.

• CovertsadJW
    CovertsadJW

The JW / GB do a great job programming people - it’s hella creepy. In retrospect I cannot recognize or understand my lack of critical thinking - thought process.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's a cult, they use mind control techniques, it's very hard to fight against. Steve Hassan, who was in a cult himself and writes books on the subject says that being intelligent is not a protection against getting sucked in, it has happened to a lot of very smart peoole.

You have to learn critical thinking skills and about how mind control works to avoid getting sucked in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit