WATCHTOWER IS DUMBING DOWN

by integ 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Gift's in Men

OK....I may be not the brightest bulb...

What does this mean....exactly...? Do only men get these ummm... "gifts"...? and...what gifts....? and what do they do with these gifts....? Do they give these gifts away....? Or do they keep them...?

ESTEE

• Dawn
    Dawn

They have to "dumb it down" --- if they got too deep into the REAL scriptures the truth would come out.

I thought I knew the bible - spent years studying it as a 'dub, doing aux pioneering, studied for every friggin' wt study, book study, yadda yadda yadda. But all they really study is the org. books - not the bible. A few years ago I started going to a new church and I learned more there in a short time than I EVER learned as a 'dub.........Now when I talk with my 'dub family I always leave them speechless by bringing up some scripture they never read, asking them about some prophecy that they never heard of....the more I REALLY learned about the Bible the more I realized the 'dubs were a cult and were wrong.

• heathen
    heathen

I find it hard to believe that these people could be dumbed down any more than any other religion in the world .

• Farkel
    Farkel

The WTS has "dumbed down" for decades. They want dumb people. They encourage people to be dumb. Dumb is "spiritual" in dubland.

: instead are feeding the rank and file and the "doubters" that dare question the changing doctrine, with a couple of what they feel are key "truths".

: 1) Who else is using God's name today?

Let's say you were God. Let's also say that since you created everything that exists except yourself, you chose a name for yourself. Let's say that since water is the source of life for most living things, you gave yourself the name "Water." To continue, let's say you were such a narcissist that you considered it a majorly big deal that your higher level creation knew that name, revered that name, and used that name and that name only when talking about YOU. Let's further say that you created a language for your "chosen people" that had no vowels in it's written form. In that case, your name would be written as "wtr." Originally, people knew exactly what vowels went where in that name and how to pronounce that name with those vowels.

Let's also say that over time, those exact vowels and that exact pronunciation of Your name became lost for whatever reason and you did nothing to straighten things out. This means either you are a lazy God or you don't give a rat.

Then, this petty little religion in the late 19th Century and more importantly in the early 20th Century takes a commonly-used, but highly disputed approach of using certain vowels and a certain pronunciation that most scholars scoff at, and claim that they are "using God's name," while others are using the pronunciation of "Waiter" instead of "Water." Or "Witar". Or "Wytur?" Or "Wootir?" So who is "using God's name and who isn't? Since as God, you haven't taken any measure to set people straight, should one be forced to believe that "Jehovah", which might be "close" to the "name(tm)" means anything more significant than "Yahweh", which might also be "close" to the "name(tm)?" God might consider that people referring to him as "Herman" are jerks, but are those who pray to him and use the name "Yahweh" evil and those who pray to him and use the name "Jehovah" not evil, when no knows for sure what his "name(tm)" really is anymore?

Any God who insists he be called by his name (or else) should at least be nice enough to tell us explicitly what it is. Any god who insists he be called by his name (or else) and doesn't bother to help us out about what his name really is, is at best a prankster with a great sense of humor, or a shitty God, or doesn't exist. Take your pick. None of the choices are good.

:2) Who else are doing "God's work" of preaching the good news of the kingdom?

The "good news" involves the biggest mass-genocide of humans ever. Nothing good about that, except for those to run around and sell books that talk about it and selfishly long to get the biggest home in Beverly Hills after it is over.

Dubs have always been dumbed down. The WTS could not exist if dubs had a shred of commen sense!

Farkel

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

sorry for the Bible haters out their (which I understand, being sickened nearly physically when I read Scriptures when used by the WT)

It would seem that the 'name' that one is supposed to be *ummm* using if one happens to accept the New Covenant made through Christ (in other words a Christian) that the name you should be using is not the name Yahweh ( not 'Jehovah' which I have to admit, I have a very great aversion to.) but Yeshua Hamasiach, or, Jesus Christ. Even in their New World translation, it is clear that Yeshua inherited His Father's name (aka, His whole being)

Hebrews 1:4 tells us in the New World Translation, "So he has become better than the angels, to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." Jesus inherited his name from his father

for a bit more on the ridiculousness of the Watch Tower crying foul about Jehovah

http://jwinfoline.com/Documents/Jehovahs_name/who_removed_jehovah_from_nt.htm

soo...erm. it's all rather silly. Jesus never was recorded using the NAME Yahweh, but 'Father'. interesting. Not that I have disrespect for the name Yahweh, on the contrary. It is just the Watch Tower trying to create a corner on the market, when most Christians are aware of the OT 'names' of G-d (El Elyon (G-d most High) El Shaddai (G-d Almighty) Elohim, Adonai, El, YWHH, and yes, Jehovah)

This is a simple matter of a superiority ploy. We know God's name, we share God's name, and you don't, so nyah!

Interesting, Paul preached Christ (crucified.)

anyways, "all fullness of deity dwells in bodily form" says Paul re: Christ.

sorry to put a bit of Biblical commentary up. they've got it all bunkered, Biblically too.

regards,

Myxomatosis

*why do I have to feel so tongue tied
    why do I have to feel so stupid*

-Radiohead

Myxomatosis

• benext
    benext

Don't forget the TMS where someone just gets up and reads from the Bible or WT. Part of the simplification process?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

It was never recorded that Jesus ever used the name Jehovah.

so what is the big deal if JWs use the name of tribal Jewish God who's name has not been officially uttered by anyone for over 2000 years? Big deal. My God's name is Belatucadnos and my Goddess is Cathubodva. In my own private usage I have given them the nicknames: Tuck and Cath...why should I use Yahweh and Shekinah just because some old fool(Russell) didn't feel his own heritage was good enough and needed to be adopted by the Jewish Deity? (I think denying your own heritage is an offense to it and to the new one you adopt--why should the Jewish God accept a traitor?)

Ravyn

• metatron
    metatron

Some things are so simple they get overlooked.

How did early Christians dominantly refer to God?

"Father", "the Father" , "Holy Father"

That's the example Jesus set by avoiding using "Yahweh" in the Lord's Prayer - "Our Father"

Simple and reasonable - expressing a loving image of a male authority figure that would resonate

with nearly every culture Christianity would encounter.

metatron

• heathen
    heathen

I think the WTBTS likes to use Isaiah 2 as reason for using the name jehovah . Intersting enough is the fact that it wasn't the WTBTS that determined the correct interpretation of the tetragram YHWH the current spelling and pronounciation was around in the original king james version dating back to the 1600's . The WTBTS only claims to have restored the name to where it was removed during earlier translations .

• bebu
    bebu

I often wonder why the JWs completely ignore Jesus' directions that his followers were to be HIS witnesses. I didn't see any expiration year for it--surely that would have been mentioned?

I guess it's my own dummm question for them in return.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit