WATCHTOWER IS DUMBING DOWN

by integ 19 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

From what I've noticed lately, the wts seems to be explaining everything away with a new approach; that of dumbing everything down to just a couple of key points in their everchanging, contradictory, edicts and doctrine. They seem to be avoiding 'deeper' scriptural interpretations that invariably get them into trouble with people who actually don't take everything the fds say as absolute truth, and instead are feeding the rank and file and the "doubters" that dare question the changing doctrine, with a couple of what they feel are key "truths".

1) Who else is using God's name today?

2) Who else are doing "God's work" of preaching the good news of the kingdom?

I realize that the Tower still engage in scriptural jibber-jabber in the magazines, but these are the pat answers i've been getting when i've inquired of our "Gift's in Men". And who ever i'm lucky enough to engage in any kind of discussion (that by some miracle may contain an exchange of free speech).

There you go, that's it, . What else can you say?. I'm so happy that now all I have to do now is consider those two fine points, and everything makes sense again.. Thanks Watchtower.

Any thoughts?

Integ.

• shamus
    shamus

They are and always have been dumb.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    I'm so happy that now all I have to do now is consider those two fine points, and everything makes sense again.. Thanks Watchtower.

wow, you should do the testimonials for the watchtower infomercial :P i dont have anything to add. theyve always seemed stupid to me. i just wanted to say that that quote cracked me up.

• jgnat
  • Francois
    Francois

Who else would WANT to preach a Bronze Age tribal god in an age of exponentiating science and truth? The fact is that the WTBTS has been left behind holding tightly to the Old Testament and to an Old Testament God which should have been thrown out over two thousand years ago along with the bath water.

The Master has said that we should not allow anyone to even attempt to put us back under the old law code, but that is what the WTBTS has been attempting to do for over a hundred years to its own detriment. The only people it gets as members now are the usual cult variety: the lost, the angry, the lonely, the mentally disturbed, the emotionally disturbed, and others on the fringes of a sick society.

And there are hundreds, thousands of organizations and the people in them who are doing the work of the so far nameless god all over the earth. The desire of this God's heart is being done all over the earth today by countless Christians, Hindus, Shinto, Taoists, Buddhists, Islamists, Sikhs, and many other religions. The WTBTS is virtually alone in teaching about its Bronze Age god with the manufactured name. It's the wrong name, but it's A name. The real existential god has never revealed himself by name, only by attribute. And the attribute by which we know him best is that of unconditional LOVE - an attribute about which the Jehovah's Witnesses know NOTHING.

Francois

• garybuss
    garybuss

So let's see, We got a problem started by a talking snake, then some woman gets turned into a salt lick, a wooden boat full of animals sails into a mountain, someone nails up a sorta god, some book reader squeezes end time code from sacred writings and a book publishing company lays down a whole string of missed end time predictions based on it's own corporate conventions in the 1920's being named in Revelation. How do we get any dumber than that?

Good thread, Thanks for starting it. GaryB

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    How do we get any dumber than that?

We have a "religion" that gets offended if any members have beards - and have no scripture to back up this wrongful act.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Haven't dumbed down enough for me yet.

Are they flossing over the point about everyone else getting killed?? That's an easy one to understand.

Be special, be a dub, all your enemies will die and you get all their crap

• Panda
    Panda

Sometimes don't you just feel like Pontius Pilate when he posed his rehtorical question, "What is truth." If you ask a dub they'll say the Bible is truth. But then you ask about the stories and "well you've got to trust in god!" Its so sad.

In this part of Texas there are many Spanish speaking Pentacostal churches who use the name Jehovah. And the big church of Rev.Hagee (cornerstone?) also uses Jehovah. Plenty Jehovahs all around.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Be special, be a dub, all your enemies will die and you get all their crap

*sigh* It was a beautiful dream was it not? *snif*

Six~ feeling melancholy for the old days

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit