demon possessed things

by free will 21 Replies latest jw friends

• free will
    free will

has anyone ever possessed something that you'd swear had a demon attached to it? we've all been told to watch out for things purchased at flea markets, garage sales.... but did something slip through the cracks and into your home? my story goes like this: i live in a historic community my next door neighbor found a small grave in her backyard. thoughts were it was a child or baby. months later i found a catholic pendant when we rototilled the backyard. it was really neat and i meant to take it to a jeweler to see what it was worth. while it was in the house, every so often i thought i heard a baby cry. no neighbors with babies and noone babysitting babies. one day it kept going on and on so i thought it must be possessed so i brought it back outside. no more crying. i left it on the patio table and a storm washed it through the cracks of the patio boards into the dirt beneath. weird huh?

• micheal
    micheal

I dunno but I owned a lot of watchtower and awake magazines and a lot of 191 page books. Soon after that my life became a living hell.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I dunno but I owned a lot of watchtower and awake magazines and a lot of 191 page books. Soon after that my life became a living hell.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Frannie B Click to subscribe to ExJWsRockandRoll

• freedom96
    freedom96

I had a wife that was possessed. Does that count?

• rem
    rem

Must be boring as a spirit to be locked up in a trinket.

rem

• free will
    free will

my point is that we were taught to beware of so much, that finding a catholic pendant opened the door for me to wonder and to perhaps hear something that was never there. the mind is a powerful thing.

• free will
    free will

anyway, maybe a spirit thought it would be fun to pretend to be attached to the pendant for a bit. got bored of playing that game and went on to the next. i agree that 'things' don't hold a spirit, but that's not to say that a spirit (if there are any) doesn't 'hold onto things'. at least for a quick game.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

dear free will, yes the mind is a powerful thing, too bad some people deny all its power by assigning it only logic and rational thought. (to all those of whom the shoe fits....which came first? your foot size or the shoe?)

Ravyn

• rem
    rem

My comment was really directed towards the JW superstitious fear of buying things at garage sales that might be demonized. I think it's completely absurd. If I were a spirit, I'd be doing much more interesting things than hanging out with a dingy picture frame. Hell, I'd go and help someone win the Randi Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge just for kicks.

rem

• wednesday
    wednesday

hi free will,

one of the first posts i made here was "do the demons still bother u?" did i get roasted. Much in the same way u are now. Only much worse.

i find that most of the demons problems i had were due to me as a jw having an overactive imagination. the board has a staunch believers in this stuff and those who do not believe it at all.

Too bad u did not keep the trinket, may have been worth something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit